coffee machine found for a mere novice. Gaggia classic

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

coffee machine found for a mere novice. Gaggia classic

Postby joules_and_k » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi Everyone,
It a while since keith and myself posted on here :oops: , we have had 6 months with our Iberital MC2 after having many recommendations from the kind people on TMC, we have not been dissappointed at all, we are now in the process of saving up for a new coffee machine, we like esspresso and latte and have been using an old Krupps machine which is now very tired, some friends of our bought a Bodum gran pump esspresso and they say its very good, but £350 is a lot at the moment and with all the electronics on it, looks a bit complicated for noobs so if anyone has any suggestions (of a polite nature) LOL we would be grateful. :D

many thanks Julie :D
Last edited by joules_and_k on Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joules_and_k

RE: Any coffee machine recommendations for a mere novice, pl

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:24 pm

Have a look at the Neuvo Simonelli Oscar if you want to buy new. Well within your budget and easily top of its peer group of smallish HX machines. Breako has one and loves it. Makes fab shots too :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

RE: Any coffee machine recommendations for a mere novice, pl

Postby Aadje » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:44 am

I'd say the Oscar is the best choice, especially if you like latte's en cappuccinos.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby joules_and_k » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:29 pm

Thanks Cakeboy and Aadje, will have a look at that one.

julie :D
joules_and_k

Postby joules_and_k » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:51 pm

Ok,
After spending a while in Manchester in Thomas William on Deansgate we plumped for a Gaggia classic, it was on special offer at £169 and they threw in a tin of gaggia intense beans aswell.
I am 100% sure its not the best, but we have had it 4 days and made countless cups, esspressos, latte's etc and we are very impressed, with its ease of use and the quality of the coffee, its perfect for us and on our budget I think we did good. :D

would recommend this product :D
joules_and_k

Postby Aadje » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:01 pm

Glad to hear you're doing fine and enjoying the coffee :) Congrats
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

Aadje

Postby Glenn » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:32 pm

Treat yourself to some freshly roasted beans and keep on playing.

The Gaggia Classic is a great machine and with your grinder setup you'll get good mileage out of it.
Gaggia Classic | Mahlkonig Vario | Chemex | Aeropress | Refractometer & Extract Mojoâ„¢ | mypressi TWISTâ„¢ | Reg Barber Copper Base Tamper | and only the best beans
Glenn

Postby joules_and_k » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:07 pm

We are pleased with both our purchases, the Iberital MC2 has turned out to be a great grinder and the Gaggia Classic has produced some great coffee. not sure which is my fav bean, but Breakfast bomb has to be right up there, and even dare I say it Booths Esspresso beans :shock: thats the great thing about coffee and beans all tastes vary, I think our coffee is great, but half the fun is the prep. :D

j&k
joules_and_k

Postby Gadders » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:51 pm

Hehe :D no1 would be bothered to make espresso if it didn't involve larking around getting your fingers dirty and power drilling coffee into a metal thing :P
Gadders

Postby Aadje » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:34 am

hearhear
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

Aadje

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:17 am

You boys scare me sometimes. Must be my age :shock: :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Wes » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:51 pm

joules_and_k,

You are now deeply into the espresso game, and the equipment you have will serve you well. For the Gaggia I speak from experience. If it doesn't produce good shots pretty often, then the user has something more to learn about how espresso is made. (Or has momentarily lost track of something--bad seasons can happen to any of us.)

From here on as money permits and this forum tempts, you may decide to upgrade, but you have reached the point where returns diminish.
Wes

Postby joules_and_k » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:20 pm

yep theres nowt so enjoyable as a bit of faffin about. :D
joules_and_k

Return to Other Brewing Methods