French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Coffee Maniac » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:29 pm

Yessssss! :D

Booo!!! [jumping out of the knockbox like a scary ghost]
Brewtus II - Mazzer Mini, model B - Genecafé - Cona Vacpot - CafeSolo
Coffee Maniac

Postby phil2spill » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:41 pm

Coffee Maniac wrote:Methanol sure is deadly, if you drink it. But why would you? Do you drink all you household chemicals?
By inhalation... yeah, sure. A lot of stuff is toxic by inhalation, but do you actually need to be sniffing the stuff? I don´t think it is so freakin deadly that it really matters (if you handle it correctly). If it was sooo poisonous they wouldn´t be allowed to sell it at all.

The big and dangerous thing about methanol is that it smells and tastes just like normal alcohol. So you can sell it for alcohol to someone, or you can mistakenly drink it if you are stupid. I guess that is why it has such a "bad name", because idiots sell it to young kids and then they go blind or die or something (again, when they make drinks with the stuff).

Keep it away from kids, and tell them that this shit is DEADLY, and mark each bottle with it with big letters. Tell your kids so they know before they get to the age when they start "borrowing booze from dad, because he will never notice...". Just make it clear to them that this methanol is deadly if you drink it.

Wouldn't it be easier to just use methylated spirit?
Ground suitable for all coffee makers
phil2spill

Postby Coffee Maniac » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:46 pm

Don´´t know. This was cheap, I knew wheere to buy it and it sooted nothing at all.
Pretty easy in my opinion... as long as yu don´t go partying and making drinks with it.
Brewtus II - Mazzer Mini, model B - Genecafé - Cona Vacpot - CafeSolo
Coffee Maniac

Previous

Return to Other Brewing Methods