Gouezeri

Postby phil2spill » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:50 am

Non, non, non . . .

CITROËN SM

8)
Ground suitable for all coffee makers
phil2spill

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:44 am

Nice car.... mechanical nightmare... spent some time in one, and my dad did the beaujolais nouveau race in one
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby phil2spill » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:10 pm

^ <thoroughly humbled> :) That's great; I think they're one of the coolest looking cars ever . . . they ought to make them again now that technology might just have caught up with the design !
phil2spill

Postby Aadje » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:43 pm

coolest looking car ever? Ford GT40 oldskool one and another picture
What a design. What a history.

btw, the new redesigned one I find utterly cr*p.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby Lambo » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:39 pm

Hey, if I could afford a décapotable, I bet I wouldn't be sitting here in Rotherham! I'd be off somewhere nice and warm with the top down 8)
She's a 1973 DS23 efi Pallas - very comfortable!
She's got a slight problem at the moment - the hydraulic pump seems to have developed a slight problem. The pump affects the suspension, clutch, brakes - nothing very major really :cry:

Beaujolais race in a DS? How long till November? :drink:
Where would you stop for coffee on the way?!
Rancilio Rocky SD, Gaggia Baby,
Hario Bloom, various cafetières, Mellita filter machine, 4 hand-operated grinders, Aeropress
Citroën DS
Lambo

Postby quink » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:54 pm

looks awsome, going to have to break out my santos now just to watch the show
Modified Rancilio Silvia, Gaggia 2600 grinder, La Pavoni Pub 1EV
quink

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:30 pm

Lambo wrote:Hey, if I could afford a décapotable, I bet I wouldn't be sitting here in Rotherham! I'd be off somewhere nice and warm with the top down 8)

couldn't agree more.

She's a 1973 DS23 efi Pallas - very comfortable!

décapotable or not (and I was just being picky :wink:) it is still a classic car! And given the choice, I'd still pick it over an SM! Which wasn't ours btw, just borrowed at the time for a while for the race. Do seem to remember dad giving it a good run on the A2, back when you weren't limited to 50mph on it! Would have probably preferred an Alpine though.

Beaujolais race in a DS? How long till November? :drink:
Where would you stop for coffee on the way?!

That'd be FlatWhite on the way, and Monmouth on the way back :lol:
In between... erm, well I reckon you'd be better off drinking the beaujolais, which says it all really :wink:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby phil2spill » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:35 am

Lambo wrote:She's a 1973 DS23 efi Pallas - very comfortable!

Ah top of the range :) What colour is she Lambo? I had the pleasure of driving a friend's once; amazing magic carpet ride, but the brakes were akin to hitting a tree :o
phil2spill

Postby bruceb » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:15 am

The SM was one of those unfortunate wonders that turned into a nightmare because the manufacturer brought it out before they were ready to deal properly with it. The Alfieri V6 engine was a high-revving, if rough-running engine, but was a sound design. Unfortunately, Citroen did not bring enough Maserati engineers and service people in to do the training (I heard that there were unfortunate language problems as well) and the service handbooks and training courses were wholly inadequate to deal with a 4ohc V6 and so-called DIRAVI velocity-dependent power steering (that could scare the wits out of the uninitiated, btw). Quality control was so poor that one often found factory tools inside body panels and extra parts floating around in newly delivered vehicles.

I spent a whole weekend adjusting the cam timing on a 1973 model and had a chance to drive it for a few days afterwards. This was in the late 1970s and the Autobahns were still relatively free of traffic jams. I made it from Stuttgart to Munich at an average speed of 170 km/hr with no stress and quite reasonable fuel consumption.

The SM (which stood for Sado Masochism, I was told) was a very unusual machine.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby GeorgeW » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:03 pm

Ah..the Citroën DS. When we were in the army in the early sixties, my friend and I spent a year or so living in a tent on an airfield in the Persian Gulf. During that time he spent not a penny, but saved up all his money in order to but a second-hand DS. No sooner had he returned, than he bought the car, drove a few hundred yards along the road and piled it up in a field and wrote it off.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby bruceb » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:25 pm

Hmmmmmm, now he wouldn't somehow be related to a certain someone we all know and love around here, someone who is planning on leaving us to go to the side of the earth from which everyone falls off of, someone who prefers plastic to chrome and who can break even the heads of the most hardened criminals...would he? :lol:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby bruceb » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:26 pm

I'm not going to send another post or I'll go over the...oh no!
bruceb

Postby Aadje » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:44 pm

congrats!!

Join the club :D
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby zix » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:53 pm

Lastcoyote, I am curious: what are you using in the burner? Some purple liquid? I thought the Cona was supposed to be run off some kind of denatured alcohol, but the one we can buy usually has a weak red colour.
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

PreviousNext

Return to Other Brewing Methods