"the lid goes up and down"

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

"the lid goes up and down"

Postby lastcoyote » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:19 pm

i had to share this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmm0M17_tRQ

amazing footage ladies and gentlemen of someone who managed to actually catch on film that rare hard to come by ancient artifact known as a "french press"....that's right..
..how deluded can you get! :lol:
“Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and benumbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear a coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me -I am happy” - Hamlin Garland

Rancilio Rocky Doserless
Cona Vac Pot - Table Model "B"
Chemex CM-6A
Hario Woodneck
Hario V60 system
Hario Buono Drip Kettle
Bodum Columbia Press Pot
Bialetti Musa Moka Pot
Aerobie Aeropress
lastcoyote

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:36 pm

Well she can make my coffee ...... that "oh yeah" and knowing look at the end ..... :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby lastcoyote » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:12 pm

oh cakey..honestly! you're easily pleased! :)
“Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and benumbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear a coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me -I am happy” - Hamlin Garland

Rancilio Rocky Doserless
Chemex CM-6A
Hario Woodneck
Hario V60 system
Hario Buono Drip Kettle
Bodum Columbia Press Pot
Bialetti Musa Moka Pot
Aerobie Aeropress
lastcoyote

Postby GeorgeW » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:21 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Well she can make my coffee ...... that "oh yeah" and knowing look at the end ..... :P

Me too Cakey...I was particularly pleased with her end. :wink:
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:16 pm

I am in love :oops: :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby lastcoyote » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:36 am

..and there i was starting to form some kind of respect for you guys!
gee the girls round your neighbourhood must be rough! you wanna visit brighton..your eyes would pop out your head! :shock:
ok leaving the 'girl factor' out of it for a minute...did you see how little coffee she put in that press?..and what on earth was that 'coffee'!? what made me laugh though was the way she was talking about how people look at the french press and just can't fathom out what they are...come on...even my kid sister can explain what it does and could probably get a lot better results at using it too. oh well...made me laugh 8)

Rancilio Rocky Doserless
Chemex CM-6A
Hario Woodneck
Hario V60 system
Hario Buono Drip Kettle
Bodum Columbia Press Pot
Bialetti Musa Moka Pot
Aerobie Aeropress
lastcoyote

Postby GeorgeW » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:03 am

lastcoyote wrote:..and there i was starting to form some kind of respect for you guys!
gee the girls round your neighbourhood must be rough! you wanna visit brighton..your eyes would pop out your head! :shock:
ok leaving the 'girl factor' out of it for a minute...did you see how little coffee she put in that press?..and what on earth was that 'coffee'!? what made me laugh though was the way she was talking about how people look at the french press and just can't fathom out what they are...come on...even my kid sister can explain what it does and could probably get a lot better results at using it too. oh well...made me laugh 8)

I know all that.....but did you see her end? 8)
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby lastcoyote » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:39 am

point taken :D

Rancilio Rocky Doserless
Chemex CM-6A
Hario Woodneck
Hario V60 system
Hario Buono Drip Kettle
Bodum Columbia Press Pot
Bialetti Musa Moka Pot
Aerobie Aeropress
lastcoyote

Postby Gadders » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:33 pm

Check out the comments at the bottom :P ...

"oh, well i'll rewatch it. Can you use a french press with loose tea?"

:D
Gadders

Postby bruceb » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:08 pm

Gadders wrote:Check out the comments at the bottom :P ...

"oh, well i'll rewatch it. Can you use a french press with loose tea?"

:D

I also liked the "When using a french press you must use coarse-grinded coffee." :wink:

A person in my laboratory always made her tea with a French press. I don't know if she realised that the lid goes up and down, but she also added instant coffee to the "Americanos" that came out of the superauto, so I guess it doesn't matter. :P
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby lastcoyote » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:17 pm

yeah and what about the guy trying to chat her up as well....

- "Don't take this the wrong way (because I know you have a boyfriend) but I seriously think you have some degree of "star quality". You are entertaining and engaging on film."

:lol: quality!

Rancilio Rocky Doserless
Chemex CM-6A
Hario Woodneck
Hario V60 system
Hario Buono Drip Kettle
Bodum Columbia Press Pot
Bialetti Musa Moka Pot
Aerobie Aeropress
lastcoyote

Postby Gouezeri » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:53 pm

The problem I have with youtube is I can never make my mind up as to whether the comments are worse than the videos themselves...
Some people have too much time and really need to get out more! This poor vid (whilst amusing to us) is just crying out for a parody where somebody explains how to make a cup of tea with.... a tea bag! Cos, I mean, a lot of people might have seen these around, and not actually know what they are :shock: :? :lol:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby bruceb » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:56 pm

Whenever I watch these things on YouTube I break out in hives. Image
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby lastcoyote » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:04 pm

yeah i think i may have spotted one of those tea bag type things around before..they are so mystical....how does one go about employing the bag with say a mug? :)

Rancilio Rocky Doserless
Chemex CM-6A
Hario Woodneck
Hario V60 system
Hario Buono Drip Kettle
Bodum Columbia Press Pot
Bialetti Musa Moka Pot
Aerobie Aeropress
lastcoyote

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:17 am

I am in love :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Next

Return to Other Brewing Methods