Aerobie Aeropress - first impressions

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Beanie » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:07 pm

Leigh is on a roll today :lol: :lol: :lol:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby leecb » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:21 pm

feeling better :lol:
This week I are mainly ready to get back to making muffins!"

Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini
Chemex
leecb

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:18 am

espressomattic wrote:somone suggested it actually looked like another sort of pump that one would use (so I am told ;) ) to 'enlarge' oneself!!!! :shock: :shock:

Hmmm.... :roll: :wink:

Matt

Fantastic! Makes it even beter value for money :D . Matt, do I need to keep the filter in the bottom during "alternative" use? :shock: :wink: Oh, and Steve ...... does it come in bigger sizes? :wink: :roll: :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Paul L » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:10 am

I understand a one-off Enema attachment is in production for you in Stafford as we post... :lol:
Paul L

Postby espressomattic » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:25 am

CakeBoy wrote:
espressomattic wrote:somone suggested it actually looked like another sort of pump that one would use (so I am told ;) ) to 'enlarge' oneself!!!! :shock: :shock:

Hmmm.... :roll: :wink:

Matt

Fantastic! Makes it even beter value for money :D . Matt, do I need to keep the filter in the bottom during "alternative" use? :shock: :wink: Oh, and Steve ...... does it come in bigger sizes? :wink: :roll: :lol:

I would suggest a couple of filters to be on the safe side...so I am told :oops: :roll: :wink:
espressomattic

Postby bruceb » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:03 am

espressomattic wrote:I would suggest a couple of filters to be on the safe side...so I am told :oops: :roll: :wink:

Yeah, safer coffee for better living. Image
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby GeorgeW » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:56 am

Right now ......I'm going to buy one.

Let it be clear right from the start that this is not in anyway connected with the suggestion in Matt's post that this device may be used in a way that is certainly obscene...is clearly distasteful...and possibly may contravene the Health and Safety Act.
It will be used as it was intended, as a back-up and nothing else...if you know what I mean.
There are some on this forum who will see this a betrayal of my principles in that the purchase involves spending a substantial sum of money. I have satisfied myself the purchase is justified however and with the agreement of my ladywife, intend to cash in forty-five years of accumulated Birthday Postal Orders.
Be warned that if I find that the results do not warrant the glowing reports of fellow-members there is likely to be reprisals as yet unspecified.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby Beanie » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:55 am

GeorgeW wrote:It will be used as it was intended, as a back-up and nothing else...if you know what I mean.

Why, of course, Mr. George... completely understood ;) BTW, you may find this a nice 'addition' ;) :lol:
GeorgeW wrote:. . . my ladywife. . . .
Do you have a non-lady version too? :?
GeorgeW wrote:Be warned that if I find that the results do not warrant the glowing reports of fellow-members there is likely to be reprisals as yet unspecified.
Is that a promise :shock: :lol:

CakeBoy wrote:Oh, and Steve ...... does it come in bigger sizes? :wink: :roll: :lol:

:shock: Cakey, maybe this method (see Scott's & Steve's posts yesterday) will end your struggling issues? :shock: :twisted:

Hope the rest of the week gets better for you, Cakey :( *hugs*
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby GeorgeW » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:33 am

I just knew this would draw lewd replies.
I'm struggling with the idea of buying from you know who.
It's a moral question really. Am I justified in giving him such a large windfall when I just know he's going to rush off and buy a whole new wardrobe of these disgusting football shirts before jaunting off to one of his exotic locations.
I mean...it doesn't seem right somehow to put at risk the eyesight of so many people down there. I'm going to have to do it I suppose but it is a hard one.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby espressomattic » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:56 am

GeorgeW wrote: I'm going to have to do it I suppose but it is a hard one.

Now who is being lewd George? :shock:
espressomattic

Postby Steem21 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:06 pm

espressomattic wrote:By the way the chaps at work wondered why I had brought a breast pump in...the somone suggested it actually looked like another sort of pump that one would use (so I am told ) to 'enlarge' oneself!!!!

I think "the other sort of pump to enlarge oneself" is the more accurate description for this device. Breast pumps look a bit different. :? I just have to be careful where I leave it at work!
La Spaziale Vivaldi II, Mazzer Mini E, Aerobie Aeropress
Steem21

Postby bruceb » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:16 pm

Well, this thread has been an eye opener! :shock:

And the whole time I was telling myself I didn't need one of these things. Where's my credit card number? 8) :lol:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:02 pm

GeorgeW wrote:I just knew this would draw lewd replies.
I'm struggling with the idea of buying from you know who.
It's a moral question really. Am I justified in giving him such a large windfall when I just know he's going to rush off and buy a whole new wardrobe of these disgusting football shirts before jaunting off to one of his exotic locations.
I mean...it doesn't seem right somehow to put at risk the eyesight of so many people down there. I'm going to have to do it I suppose but it is a hard one.

Pssssst, hey shhhhh ..... do you want a kinky little "frothing jug" with that sir? Something for the weekend :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby espressomattic » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:28 pm

There's is a nice little rubber number to help apply that extra 'pressure' tto you know...
espressomattic

Postby Steve » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:52 pm

NEW SHIRTS ON ORDER THANKS GEORGE :)
Steve
Founder Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Brewing Methods