IBERITAL I'ANNA weak steam wands

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

IBERITAL I'ANNA weak steam wands

Postby Jorn87 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:18 am

I have an Ibertal L'Anna with two group heads. The machine works ok, but we have a problem with the power of the steam. The machine has two steam wands and both are weak. Does anyone knows the cure for this problem? I have another question: when you turn on the hot water output, then there comes a lot of steam with it. Is this normal?

Thanks! (Sorry for my bad Englisch, I'm Dutch) :)

Jorn87

Re: IBERITAL I'ANNA weak steam wands

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:00 am

Hello Jorn87 and welcome! Your English is extremely good, nothing to apologise for. I’m sorry for taking so long to respond.

When you describe a lot of steam from the water tap do you mean amounts similar to what you might expect from your steam wand? Also, is the steam to the detriment of water flow or in addition?

A lack of steam power on an HX machine can point to the pressurestat being set too low or faulty. However, the L’Anna produces abundant steam, and given you also have steam appearing from the hot water tap you may have a scale issue. For instance, the solenoid valve may not be closing properly.

Have you descaled? How much steam in respect of the hot water tap?

Best wishes.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Jorn87 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:19 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Hello Jorn87 and welcome! Your English is extremely good, nothing to apologise for. I’m sorry for taking so long to respond.

When you describe a lot of steam from the water tap do you mean amounts similar to what you might expect from your steam wand? Also, is the steam to the detriment of water flow or in addition?

A lack of steam power on an HX machine can point to the pressurestat being set too low or faulty. However, the L’Anna produces abundant steam, and given you also have steam appearing from the hot water tap you may have a scale issue. For instance, the solenoid valve may not be closing properly.

Have you descaled? How much steam in respect of the hot water tap?

Best wishes.

Hi! I havent descaled the machine, but somebody told me that the descaling is not the problem..? I have made a video can you tell me what the problem is? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHC4VQpqRds
Jorn87

Postby bruceb » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:02 pm

I'm sorry that I just am seeing this now. Have you solved the problem. I would guess that the steam wands are plugged with old milk. You can take them off and poke a wire through them and then boil them in hot espresso machine cleaner. The tips may need to be cleaned extra. I use interdental (tooth) brushes for that. Good luck. Let us know if you have sorted the problem. Thanks and again, I apologise for responding so late.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Return to Espresso