good coffee map (UK)

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby kingseven » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Rob and Fabio, from Alto Cafe.
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby smoocher » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:37 pm

that's awesome. i'm gonna check that out
smoocher

Postby liyang » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:35 pm

Added The Bottlekiln, Maxine Beadsmore's (UK Best Cappuccino, 2009) workplace between Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.

Will find an excuse to visit soon-ish, probably en route to Ikea.
http://liyang.hu/

Home: Rancilio Silvia; KitchenAid Proline with stepless & direct-to-basket mod; BeanBrowner Mk I
Office: AeroPress, Dualit grinder
liyang

Postby MrG » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:10 am

grib wrote:It's been a long time coming but I've started releasing test of my iPhone app into the wild. Basic for now, but does what we need, coffee locations on iPhone. It's pulling them from exilecoffee.com at the moment which has a clone of the map info as of last week, I couldn't figure out how to get it to pull the live info from the google map though, but maybe I will.

Anyone want in on the test?

Been away from these forums for a while .... found this thread whilst doing an app search, the image seemed to have a coffee shop nr Leicester lilsted so checked out the map. It seems it's my place that has been added, don't know when or by who - not done by me or any staff (to best of my knowledge).

Nice to see us listed, bit it's a bit or a suprise ...... Whilst we do try to serve the best coffee we can it's a list of 'big names' for a small village coffee shop to find itself on !!
Particularly as a good percentage or our customers are older locals .... not yr typical espresso drinkers !

Pity there isn't a similar app for the T-Mobile G1 !!
They tried to make me drink it decaf.......I said no, no, no!
MrG

Postby triptogenetica » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:42 pm

Oxford now has a proper (?Antipodean?) coffee shop! I've added them to the map.

(An exciting day for me - i've known this city for 11 years, and the coffee has been dire).

They're called:

The Missing Bean
14 Turl Street
Oxford OX1 3DQ

The staff seem to care about the coffee. The doser isn't full of stale grounds. The steam wands on the La Marzocco are clean. The barista I spoke to knew the varietal in their house espresso (100% bourbon), and prepared my espresso with great care. (I didn't say i was from TMC etc, but did own up to knowing what he was on about when he mentioned bourbon).

They're already fairly busy, on a Friday morning when i visited - and they deserve to be.

Cakey - Oxford may be on the up!

(It may be a while before my grin subsides).
Bezzera BZ35 (ex Gaggia Carezza)
Grinders - Iberital MC2, Bezzera BB105, Hario Skerton
Aeropress, Cona C, Hario MCA-5 and TCA-5 vacpots
Beans - Behmor homeroast
triptogenetica

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:22 am

Holy cow, my pants are wet! Any idea who roasts for them Trip? Damn, it's pretty near to The Whisky Shop in the Turl ......... :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Monkeyfixit » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:46 am

THe good coffee map seems to have been hijacked by wine libary crushit team , everytime i click on it it goes to wine library map. Is it just me or anyone else ?
Monkeyfixit

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:22 pm

It's working okay here. Check your cookies Monkey, you may have one that it corrupted.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Lambo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Corrupt cookies :shock:

Is Cakey to blame for this - getting rid of the opposition?
Rancilio Rocky SD, Gaggia Baby,
Hario Bloom, various cafetières, Mellita filter machine, 4 hand-operated grinders, Aeropress
Citroën DS
Lambo

Postby bruceb » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:20 pm

Lambo wrote:Corrupt cookies :shock:

Is Cakey to blame for this - getting rid of the opposition?

Cakey is to blame for everything. :P
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Lambo » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:19 am

bruceb wrote:Cakey is to blame for everything. :P

Does that mean I can send him the bill for my Baby? :D
Rancilio Rocky SD, Gaggia Baby,
Hario Bloom, various cafetières, Mellita filter machine, 4 hand-operated grinders, Aeropress
Citroën DS
Lambo

Postby bruceb » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 am

Lambo wrote:

Sure thing. You can even send him the dirty diapers. 8)
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Lambo wrote:

I don't want your baby and we do not tolerate any form of trafficking on TMC, unless anyone can gat a good price (actually any .... no, no, we'll chuck in a £50 sweetner, okay make it a ton) for Dom :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:06 pm

Have you been back to the new place in Oxford Trip? Anyone else given it a try? :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby dr.chris » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:11 pm

We are due in Oxford for a couple of days right after Xmas so will probably give it a go. Its just round the corner from our usual stop in Oxford, the Cafe Nero in Blackwells. I know its a Nero but the setting takes a lot of beating - it must be one of the best bookshops in the world
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

PreviousNext

Return to Places to drink coffee