For all you oldies and George

Postby motoman » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:15 pm

A little test For those of us soon to meet their maker:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/ ... rsion5.swf
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

RE: For all you oldies and George

Postby bruceb » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:11 am

I get a "does not exist" error message on the link above. I guess it's already too late for me. :cry:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: For all you oldies and George

Postby motoman » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:08 am

Very strange, my original link works, someone (I blame Greenbean) must have spilled coffee over it.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Re: RE: For all you oldies and George

Postby GreenBean » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:59 am

motoman wrote:Very strange, my original link works, someone (I blame Greenbean) must have spilled coffee over it.

I guess that your inability to copy the link correctly is nothing more than a sign of your advancing age, Pete.:wink: I understand your wish to divert the blame elsewhere so I will not comment further and simply correct the original link for you. Click here for the link Pete intended.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: For all you oldies and George

Postby bruceb » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:10 am

I feel pretty proud of myself being referred to as an ambling armadillo.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Re: RE: Re: RE: For all you oldies and George

Postby GreenBean » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:27 am

bruceb wrote:I feel pretty proud of myself being referred to as an ambling armadillo.

With lots of practice you could become a bobbing bobcat or even a rocketing rabbit. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: For all you oldies and George

Postby GeorgeW » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:12 pm

I'm just back from France and have just seen this.
Best I could achieve was the Bobcat status which was a bit of a disappointment really. Let this demonstration of my failing powers be a lesson to you young blades who think that they are impervious to the ravages of mortality. Time passes so quickly and in my case it does seem that one day I was a young God trailing clouds of glory and the next, this wrinkly person mostly composed of various artificial aids. Sigh.............
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby GreenBean » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:26 am

I think that bobbing bobcat is a very creditable score, George. I doubt that many of the "young blades" could do better. :wink:

GreenBean

Postby motoman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:49 pm

I can just see George "Bobbing Along, Bobbing Along on the Beautiful Briney Sea"
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
motoman

Return to Off Topic