New use for coffee grounds

Anything Else!

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

New use for coffee grounds

Postby motoman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:16 am

I had a knock on the door a couple of weeks ago, I opened the door to see two rather strict looking women wearing name badges.
"We are from the Bridgnorth Council and we have just found unofficial items in your waste bag". It seems I had put a couple of envelopes with my name and address in with the fortnightly ground fill household waste collection. This great sin could cost me many cancelled visits to the pub as the fine is rather excessive. Luckily and also slightly worrying, my impression of a doddering, dozy old man got me off with a warning.

Now the thought of two crabby old women nosing through peoples rubbish, looking for an excuse to use their authority, gets right up my nose. I realised that one of the last bastions of male protest against the system was under threat. The answer is simple, instead of saving my coffee grounds for compost, I dump them, all wet and mucky, into the rubbish bin. They make a wonderful ugly stick mess and stain everything else in the bin.

BIG BRO> :arrow: :!: SISTER IS WATCHING YOU

The money you pay to have your rubbish taken away can also be used to take even more from you.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

RE: New use for coffee grounds

Postby frcn » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Get a cat - the litter box waste would be much more effective!
- from Randy G. -
Hottop USA Customer Service
...and so much more!
frcn

Re: RE: New use for coffee grounds

Postby GreenBean » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:09 pm

motoman wrote:..... The answer is simple, instead of saving my coffee grounds for compost, I dump them, all wet and mucky, into the rubbish bin. They make a wonderful ugly stick mess and stain everything else in the bin....

frcn wrote:Get a cat - the litter box waste would be much more effective!

At last, something worthwhile for petty bureaucrats to poke their noses into. :wink: :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Re: RE: New use for coffee grounds

Postby motoman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:20 am

frcn wrote:Get a cat - the litter box waste would be much more effective!

Great idea but how do I find some lunch if the cupboard is bare?
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Return to Off Topic