getting logged-out to quickly.

Tell us what you think or what problems you had

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

getting logged-out to quickly.

Postby Richard » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:13 pm

I had this problem with TMC when I first joined but I think it's the first time I moaned about it.

Yesterday I added a post to a thread, submitted it only to find i've been logged-out then I couldn't be bother to write it all again.

Is it me ?
Hot-air-gun roasting.
French press.
Aeropress. Swiss Gold Modified.
Bialetti Venus.
MahlKonig Vario.
Richard

RE: getting logged-out to quickly.

Postby Aadje » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:33 am

IIRC, I've never encountered this. Unless maybe I typed the reply and waited for an hour or so . . .
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

RE: getting logged-out to quickly.

Postby GreenBean » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:08 pm

I agree with Aadje, this has never been a problem for me.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Re: getting logged-out to quickly.

Postby RobC » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Richard wrote:I had this problem with TMC when I first joined but I think it's the first time I moaned about it.

Yesterday I added a post to a thread, submitted it only to find i've been logged-out then I couldn't be bother to write it all again.

Is it me ?

Richard I have found this issue before on the forum, more often for me it is related to viewing "new posts" - if I have a page or so of new posts to read through I have to be very careful to go back to the new posts lists - if I click new posts link again it says "no new posts" so it's a choice of hunting through through the topics for new posts or just give in. I have also encountered when doing a big post, or leaving a post part done and comming back to it - finding I have been kicked when trying to post it - although if you click back on the browser you can see your typed post - copy that text then recreate your post and paste in the text without typing it again.

It could be down to browser choice, I personally use Firefox - maybe if exeryone posts their experience with different browsers we might find it's limited to a certain browser.
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

RE: Re: getting logged-out to quickly.

Postby bruceb » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:19 am

I use Firefox on Linux and Windows machines and have had the same experience as Rob regarding viewing new posts since I have a link directly to the new posts search. Other than that I have not had any issues aside from the irritation of having to log in every week or so, which Phil has assured us is necessary.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: Re: getting logged-out to quickly.

Postby Aadje » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:32 pm

For the record: I use Chrome on windows and Chromium on linux.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Return to Forum Feedback