Login and go back to where you came from

Tell us what you think or what problems you had

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Login and go back to where you came from

Postby chemistone » Sat May 19, 2007 9:56 am

Well, how do you describe such thing. After you log in you get a funny "home"page with no sensible content. Personally I would like to be rerouted to the page where I came from. Is that possible?
As a final touch God created the Dutch

Mazzer mini, ECM Giotto²
chemistone

Postby Billt » Sat May 19, 2007 11:07 am

TMC1 seemed to work like that, so I'd like to see a return to that system as well, please!

When TMC2 was being introduced there was some discussion about TMC being more than the forum, and that more prominence should be given to other aspects of the site, maybe that's why we are being redirected to the home page - or maybe not.

Bill
Billt

Postby phil2spill » Sat May 19, 2007 11:19 am

I just click on back-page to go back where i came from after logging in.
Ground suitable for all coffee makers
phil2spill

Postby Aadje » Sat May 19, 2007 11:20 am

I just click on the forum link.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby CakeBoy » Sat May 19, 2007 3:50 pm

The idea is that the main resource area of TMC2 will become more significant than it used to be on TMC1 (which was very forum orientated) and the post-click redirection system is in place ready for the new features that Phil is working on now.

It was necessary to implement the new infrastructure first and ensure it was working as required before introducing the new bits and pieces. In the meantime a few things do appear a little odd or unused, but they will become the gateways to the new content.

It probably appears as though nothing much has changed, but there was always going to be a timescale involved with getting everything up and running. Please bear with us and hopefully all will become clear. Of course, there may well still be bugs or tweaks that are required after everything is in place, so please do highlight anything that looks wrong or out of context and we can make the necessary improvements between us.

We appreciate everyone's patience whilst things move toward the goal :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Aadje » Sat May 19, 2007 5:29 pm

And in Phil we trust! 8) :)
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby phil » Sat May 19, 2007 5:35 pm

Bill, I'm sorry but TMC 1 and TMC 2 work exactly the same way as each other. Neither Postnuke nor PNphpBB2 have made any changes in this area.

I am unable to affect this behaviour myself without very considerable development work. I am not willing to do this. Sorry.

Whoever it was, I'm sorry you don't like the home page. It will change, as Cakey says. However I am unwilling to make the forum the default page for the PN part of the portal structure as this would be tantamount to admitting that "TMC is just a forum". For those of you that feel that this is the case and that I should just get over it, I apologise for the inconvenience. The layout is not going to change though.
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Return to Forum Feedback