TMC idea - Machine threads

Tell us what you think or what problems you had

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Aadje » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:11 pm

Captain_Crema wrote:What is really needed is a forum for each brand or model of machine. That would make it easier to browse for info.

I second that.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby Gouezeri » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:31 am

Personally (not that my opinion counts for much around here just ask Phil :wink: ), I'm not sure that there would (currently) be much point in having machine specific threads. Firstly because it would mean creating a whole load of sub level threads which in turn leads to a whole load of questions: do we create threads for all machines belonging to members? do we wait for a member to ask for a thread before creating it? what if he/she is the only person with that machine? Now supposing instead of machine specific, it was brand specific. Sammy's original post suggested that this might avoid "newbies risking to start individual machine-related topics that may have been discussed many times before." Now whilst this might be the case with a Spaz, but what if you own a 3 group Gaggia XD and someone is posting about using their Trad with pods? I'm not even sure that there's a real need to search for machine specific info (beyond the current search capabilities). How many machines are actually the same? Ie. exact same brew pressure, temp, necessary flush times, without bringing in more subjective elements such as taste, beans, water etc.?

I agree that we have probably reached a point where greater division is needed in the top level topics. But if we open that up to too many permutations, then it is just going to get confusing. MrCapp's recent Andreja problems has received a wealth of support from a wide variety of E61/HX users, which might not have been the case if his post was made in a thread directed solely at Andreja users.
Anyway, I'll have a word Phil and see what he thinks, but at the end of the day, he's the only one that can actually change this and at the moment he is totally snowed under.
D
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:38 am

Good points Soapy ... we don't want to lose something by having sections that people might not think relevant to them and therefore not visit. It's the whole community thing that works so well for TMC, and we don't want to move from all sitting in the same room to dispersing all over the house. TMC definately has a pulse most of the time that involves the collective being largely in one place on a couple of subjects at a time.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby mhuk » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:48 pm

Bezzera Boulevard :)

If peeing in your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis

Bezzera BZ99s * Mazzer SJ * Hottop
mhuk

Postby Aadje » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:16 pm

And a Sanitarium for those who suffer from Upgraderitis Severitus and Upgraderitis Terminus.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby RobC » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:04 am

Supa Nova Heights for me...

I have a feeling that creating forums for specific machines would just end up with even more hyper threading posts that jump around more then mexican beans.......

Now how about grinder forums with the hot list of top grinders :wink:
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

Postby Andretti » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:51 pm

Domo already has a bar... does it need an entire street?
Now: Fiorenzato Bricoletta plumbed in with rotary, Mazzer Mini M, Cappuccinolover: Barbera Classica with goat milk! Before: Fiorenzato Bricoletta tank,La Pavoni Espresso Lusso, Gaggia MDF
Andretti

Postby Andretti » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:53 pm

Aadje wrote:And a Sanitarium for those who suffer from Upgraderitis Severitus and Upgraderitis Terminus.

When will you finally give in? What's your medicin for upgraditus?
Now: Fiorenzato Bricoletta plumbed in with rotary, Mazzer Mini M, Cappuccinolover: Barbera Classica with goat milk! Before: Fiorenzato Bricoletta tank,La Pavoni Espresso Lusso, Gaggia MDF
Andretti

Previous

Return to Forum Feedback