Random Mauritian Request

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Random Mauritian Request

Postby Jem_Bean » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:36 am

Hi All,

In utter randomness i have decided to post a question on the coffee history of Mauritius.

I'm getting married on Saturday and heading off for two weeks' honeymoon on Sunday to the sunny island of Mauritius.

I have no idea if there is any coffee history specifically to do with Mauritius, although Reúnion is pretty close by and i know that island has some history attached...

Anyone know anything about Mauritian coffee? do they grow coffee there (plantation trip pending...)?

Aniticipating responses with trepidation...

J
Jem_Bean

RE: Random Mauritian Request

Postby bruceb » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:04 pm

There is a coffee plantation in Chamarel. Some greens are exported to France, I believe. I have never been able to get any to try, but will be interested to hear about it if you get there.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Jem_Bean » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Great, thanks Bruce. I'll go check it out while I'm there and let you know if I can grab any.

J
Jem_Bean

Return to Places to drink coffee