If you get to Perth in Oz, try this

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

If you get to Perth in Oz, try this

Postby ackers » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:29 pm

I was in Oz at the back end of last year and found this place in Perth. Most of the room is taken up by the roaster and sacks of green beans, but there is just enough room left for a couple of chairs and a table. As a visitor I got my first drink free but still managed to buy two more. No food or music but superb coffee, if you make the trip call in.
http://www.antzinyapantz.com/
Attachments
S5030089.JPG
S5030089.JPG (71.92 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
S5030087.JPG
S5030087.JPG (73.36 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
S5030086.JPG
S5030086.JPG (128.78 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
ackers

RE: If you get to Perth in Oz, try this

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:51 am

Wow, cool .... and a little cluttered! Like it :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby movingtolondon » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:25 am

Hmmm, interesting. I'm led to believe the owner of the company started Muzz Buzz, which you probably saw on many of the highways and in the shopping malls. Muzz Buzz deliver whopping 20oz cups, and every sugar based syrup you dare to dream of / have nightmares over.

I tried an espresso of Antz; and the less said the better.

Now, if you want quality coffee in Perth head to Ristretto Espresso in the CBD; a walk-up espresso bar that is coffee focused with impecable service. The guys know their coffee.

Other than that the Perth scene is dominated mainly by two roasters; Fiore and 5 Senses. Anyone who saw the recent Aussie Champs should note that WA competitors work for 5 Senses; Jen Murray, Jeremy Hulsdake and Mark Chandler.

If anyone wants to know more about Perth coffee scene I'd be happy to write about my experiences there on my blog.

cheers
movingtolondon

Return to Places to drink coffee