Peterborough, Cambs.

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Peterborough, Cambs.

Postby rockyrds » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:30 pm

More in hope than expectation, has anyone encountered good coffee here? Trip looming in a couple of weeks. Any tips welcome!
rockyrds

RE: Peterborough, Cambs.

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:36 pm

Welcome to TMC Rockyrds :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Jem_Bean » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:41 am

Hi Rockyrds,

I live and work in the 'Boro, and unfortunately, have yet to find anywhere that does a decent cup. There's a cool little teahouse in the middle of town called Harriet's, but not sure that it lives up to expectation all that well service-wise, and i haven't tried the coffee.

If you track anything down let me know, or you can always come round mine for a cup!!
Jem_Bean

Postby rockyrds » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:26 am

I'm familar with Harriet's. Some might say that it is inspired by a well known Yorkshire teashop chain which goes under a girl's name. I of course, couldn't possibly comment! Enjoyed some teas and lunches there in the past. However, a change of plan with the above visit meant a detour to neighbouring Stamford. Thanks to the cosycoffeeshops site, my first stop was at Beans on Silver Street. I believe Mr Cosy posts here from time to time, so thanks for the recommendation. Also impressed with the offerings at the Fine Food Store on St Mary's Street. And at least one other decent looking place just round the corner too - however, I was dashing for the train at the time and couldn't stop.. perhaps Lincs natives would have an idea?
rockyrds

Postby Skippy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:12 pm

There was a lovely bar in an old grain boat on the river last time i was there about 18 months ago. Charters i think it was called. Loads of real ales, fantastic decor in the hull of the old ship and lots of live blues and jazz nights. No idea if its still there or not but worth a visit a visit for anyone into ales.
Cimbali Junior D/1
Skippy

Postby Jem_Bean » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:48 am

Yeah, Charters it is, although 'lovely' might not be the word i'd use, knowing it more from 3am on Saturday nights! Good beers though, especially JHB which is brewed in Peterborough.

I know that Café 2 U have a cart franchise in Peterborough now, but i haven't tried it yet. Could be worth a go!

J
Jem_Bean

Return to Places to drink coffee