i have never seen so many starbucks in my life

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

i have never seen so many starbucks in my life

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:28 pm

i just got off the plane from LA, I never actually got to visit any of the places suggested in the other post, i didn't have the chance to travel round on my own much, apart from one rushed business day in santa monica i was mostly bussed, taxied and occasionally limo'd (thats not a word) about ten blocks between the convention centre and the hotel. Having never been to the US before I just wasn't prepared for the total saturation of the market from starbucks, I work on a street in london with 3 starbucks, but almost every street there seemed to have one at least, and not only that but every restaurant, hotel and food stand was selling starbucks branded coffee.

the convention centre and several other places were full of proper starbucks illuminated signs but then when you looked closer you realised they said 'proud to serve starbucks coffee' they were just putting starbuck coffee through there drip filters

I woke up dazed and confused on the first morning to find that there was even a drip filter machine in my hotel room with a big starbucks branding all over it and 2 single serving preground packs of starbucks african kitamu

I can't quite see how there can ever be hope for the people of LA, we should surround the city with concrete walls and make sure it can never spread. God help them all!

is the rest of the US like this?
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby radish » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:49 pm

From what I remember, downtown Seattle had a ridiculous number of Starbucks - maybe not totally surprising given it's the hometown.
Silvia+PID, Mazzer Major, Rocky, Chemex, Aeropress and Gene Cafe.
radish

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:16 pm

Seattle, and Vancouver for that matter, had loads a few years back. some crossroads had one on all four corners! :shock:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby atlantis » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:18 pm

Dallas was also packed with them, when I used to live there it seemed like there was at least 4 - 5 in a walking distance from the apartment complex I stayed at. And that was really a bit of a distance from downtown.
atlantis

Postby Gislipals » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:42 am

LM GS3, Macap M7k, IR2

Shopping cart: Probatino/Diedrich HR
Gislipals

Postby DarthVader » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:08 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Seattle, and Vancouver for that matter, had loads a few years back. some crossroads had one on all four corners! :shock:

Just got back from that part of the world and there were Starmucks all over the place.

Even in Alaska in towns like Juneau that look like something out of an old wild west movie I saw the green Starmucks sign where their coffee was being served opposit the Red Dog Saloon..........

One thing I did notice was that the coffe and pastries were so much better tasting than in the UK and oh yes at about half the price we pay here.

Cheers,

DV
La Spatziale S1 Mini Vivaldi/FFX1/Swissgold filter/Hottop/Imex CR100/Popcorn machine/Dog bowl and hot air blower/Mini Mazzer E/Dualit grinder/Rolling pin..........plus other coffee making/enjoyment bits'n'pieces
DarthVader

Postby shm » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:38 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Seattle, and Vancouver for that matter, had loads a few years back. some crossroads had one on all four corners! :shock:

I really got into coffee making after visiting Vancouver about 3 years ago and having breakfast in the Artigiano's next to the hotel every morning. I have no memory of seeing a *$ sign the whole trip but there were plenty of Blenz on every other corner of downtown.
stuff
shm

Return to Places to drink coffee