good coffee map (UK)

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby anette » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:37 am

Added a few more to the map:

Sweet Love
Oslo House, East Wing, 9 Prince Edward Road, E9 5LX

Farm Collective
91 Cowcross Street, EC1M 6BH

The Counter Cafe
4a Roach Road, E3 2PA

Gwilym's Columbia Road Cart
Ezra Street, E2

Nude Espresso
26 Hanbury Street

Tina, we salute you
47 King Henry's Walk London N1 4NH

Brill
27 Exmouth Market, EC1R 4QL
anette

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:46 pm

Making this a sticky so that it doesn't get lost 'down the list'.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:57 am

I went to add the location of the new F&W cafe this morning, and i was a bit puzzled to see that the old one wasn't on there! Now there is no way i would have missed that, i remember putting it on as one of the first places, i also noticed that monmouth appeared to have only recently been added, again, i wouldn't have missed them off!
I am worried that someone has been deleting entries, can people just have a quick look and see if anythings missing, I thought Gwilym's coffee cart used to have several locations listed for time of day etc.. too.

I may end up having to make this available to only certain people, and then let each new collaborator invite new ones, what about that? I was really hoping to keep this open, but i knew it might only last so long
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:59 am

I remember F&W and Gwilym's multiple locations being on there ES, so it does look as though someone has messed about with it. Disappointing to say the least :(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby anette » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:15 pm

That's so bad. How petty do you have to be to do that. Grr.
anette

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:54 pm

if anyone notices anything else removed let me know, i'm hoping its somebody getting a little confused and just deleting places by accident.. but if anything else is manipulated i will close off any collaboration and only share it with those on this board, which would be a pity
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby kingseven » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:14 pm

But.... it could be one of us.....

*does the shifty, sinister eyes thing*
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:07 am

:lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby grib » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:18 pm

It's been a long time coming but I've started releasing test of my iPhone app into the wild. Basic for now, but does what we need, coffee locations on iPhone. It's pulling them from exilecoffee.com at the moment which has a clone of the map info as of last week, I couldn't figure out how to get it to pull the live info from the google map though, but maybe I will.

Anyone want in on the test?

Andrew "Grib" Gribben
Former Freelance Barista
The Griblog
grib

Postby Steve » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:37 pm

I will feed back to everyone here too as Grib's kindly let me have a beta version to break :)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:16 pm

Looks great Grib, nicely done :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:19 pm

ooohhhh looks cool, would love to give it a go, do you need a jail broken iPhone though?
and can it tell me how far away each place is?
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby grib » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Thanks guys. It'll work on any iPhone or Touch Jailbroken or not. But as it's still a beta release its not in the App Store yet. If you want to give it a try DM me, or email, your UDID and email address and I'll add you to my devel account and email you the application. It's perfectly legit this way too btw!

Yes, you can find out how far you are, just like any other marker in the Maps app, there's still a LOT to do to it and once iPhone 3.0 is released it lets me do new things by embedding the map and using custom markers etc.

If you want to try it, here are instructions from Apple to get the UDID

You can also find out your device’s UDID using iTunes 7.7. or later. To do this, connect your device to your Mac and launch iTunes. In iTunes, select your device in the ‘Devices’ section and navigate to the Summary tab. Click on the Serial Number label to reveal the Identifier field and the 40 character UDID. Press Command+C to copy the UDID to your clipboard.
Andrew "Grib" Gribben
Former Freelance Barista
The Griblog
grib

Postby Tinseljim » Sun May 10, 2009 3:58 pm

I just added Indigo Cafe in Cambridge. Not worth a detour but if you're in Cambridge it beats the chains...

What would people think about having a three star rating for each of these? Perhaps similar to Michelin's three star guide:

*** - worth a visit/pilgrimage
** - worth a detour
* - if your in the area/better than the chains
Tinseljim

Postby smoocher » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:38 pm

someone has added a cart near victoria that's pulling SM through a linea

HOO DA FUK IZAT?
smoocher

PreviousNext

Return to Places to drink coffee