get-together

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Steve » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:20 pm

The get together, what is the comon thought (tried to spell consensous and gave up :lol: ). When shall we go for. I'm easy as I dont have to do any travelling. saturdays are good as well as sundays. Over to you lot you coose I'll be the host with plenty of coffee (will set up a cupping session all posh and everything.)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby phil » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:55 pm

Eeffoc wrote:I'll be the host with plenty of coffee
That would be too much coffee? :D

Well Sunday and Sunday week work for me, otherwise I'm blocked until the second weekend in November. Well, strictly I suppose I could just about manage the morning of Sunday 2nd November, having come back from Laugharne on the Saturday afternoon and not being due in Milton Keynes until the early Sunday evening, but frankly I'd probably be too shagged to chase after my hawk on Monday if I did that!
phil
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:18 am

Right can everone make sunday the 26th of October? If thats ok with eveyone. I'll provide the hospitality if you provide the conversation. I'll send all interested parties directions and alike if they ask. Should be good fun
Steve
Founder Member

Sorry, no

Postby phil » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:13 pm

The Sunday and Sunday week in my posting (made on the 10th) refer to Sunday 12th and Sunday 19th. After that I'm blocked until the weekend of November 8th & 9th.

So I'm sorry, I can't make the 25th. I will be in Wales, on holiday.
phil
Founder Member

Postby HughF » Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:32 pm

26th is OK for me.

I'm particularly interested in finding out about roasting darker than City (sights, smells and sounds) but the cupping sounds very interesting also.

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Postby Steve » Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:47 pm

It wouldnt be a get to gether without Phil. Can everyone make the 9th of November. If so we will go with that. Wheres sunny any way he gone quite hope all is well. He'll pipe up and tell me ive been the one whos not been about.
Steve
Founder Member

Postby HughF » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:01 pm

Yes.

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Sunny

Postby phil » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:56 pm

I've been talking to him today, he's around
phil
Founder Member

Postby phil » Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:58 pm

Sunday 9th is in my diary
phil
Founder Member

Postby Sunnyfield » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:15 am

I may not be able to do 9 November. Originally I was supposed to go on a business trip to HK on Monday 10 November, but there is a chance I have to leave earlier. I will know more by the end of this week.

Perhaps we should just agree on 9 November, and if I cannot make it, you guys just go ahead. Although it would be a real shame not to be there. However I don't think there is going to be any other date this year that we could agree on... Perhaps I have time in December, but that seems increasingly unlikely too.

I will let you guys know ASAP.
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Previous

Return to Places to drink coffee