Elektra v Faema in Hampshire

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Elektra v Faema in Hampshire

Postby Bearmac64 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:59 pm

Went to the sales at Hedge End in Hampshire today. I was promised a breakfast and having found the Sainsburys Cafe shut I was taken to the M&S one instead. My initial disappointment in the lack of full english was replaced by joy when I spotted a lovely old 3 group Elektra on the coffee counter. My anticipation grew as we got down the enormous queue, but then horror, they also had two massive Faema automatic machines and only every third customer got coffee from the Elektra. Needless to say in spite of my protests we had to make do with cappuccinos from the Faema. The girl just didn't get why I wanted one from the "old" machine. The drinks were actually quite acceptable. I'll have to go back now at a quiet time and report again. Not doing the sales again though!!
Elektra A3;
Macap M4 Stepless;
Gaggia Classic (on my desk at work!)
Bearmac64

Postby Cas » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:15 pm

I used to work in that M&S store in Hedge End, not in the coffee shop though. The Chichester branch also use an Elektra, I think that is also a 3 group. I go there every week and the coffee is a bit hit and miss depending upon the staff. Twice in the past my friend's latte has had to go back because it was too cold, but mostly their coffee is really good (the Wednesday staff are better than the Thursday staff).
Cas

Postby Bearmac64 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:24 pm

Cool, i'll give it a go one Wednesday then. This time I'm insisting on one from the Elektra.
Elektra A3;
Macap M4 Stepless;
Gaggia Classic (on my desk at work!)
Bearmac64

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:04 pm

Welcome to coffee in the UK ...... never mind the machine, we have to figure out who is working the thing. These cafes go through the motions of looking as though they do it right, but they seem to care little about training and the end product :(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Places to drink coffee