BARISTA JAM Antwerp Caffènation

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

BARISTA JAM Antwerp Caffènation

Postby Raf » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:20 pm

For Belgian TMC'ers: Rob (third place in Belgian Barista Championship a few weeks ago) will host a Barista Jam in his Caffènation (Antwerp), Sunday dec. 10th.

I'll be there, hope to see you too! I'll be the hophead riding high on single origins. Dig: the crazed eyes. The twinge around the mouth. This brother is seriously far out. :evil:

I'll try to roast a kg of my own stash too (I'm thinking someone's Daterra Yellow).
Last edited by Raf on Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Joris » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:55 pm

Sounds like a good way to spend the sunday.... have fun !
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Postby Raf » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:24 am

Pity I didn't meet anyone from TMC there yesterday. (Or maybe I could have, but I had to leave early). Anyway, I saw Rob's new Mahlkoenig (wow! it's the materialisation of "upgrade fever". Twice the price of a MM, but about four times as fast: really impressive grinder.)

People were quite polite about my homeroast (Daterra Yellow Bourbon), which is nice :) - Rob's roaster wanted to know more about Daterra, and the barista trainer from Lavazza (Jeroen, second in the Belgian Barista Championships) said he was impressed that a single estate could be so rich in aftertaste.

I told them all about TMC, but there seems to be a shyness about Belgians and internet forums :oops:
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Return to Places to drink coffee