A Real TONIC!!!

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

A Real TONIC!!!

Postby CathyG » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:37 pm

After taking MarkA's advice I took a trip to TONIC in the Flagship,Bangor. Scott who was recommended was working and I told him that Mark had been swinging his praises,thus putting him in nervous position while making my cappuccino!!This was no problem,the coffee was perfect and included his Latte Art on both(very impressive!!)This is also praise for Mark's coffee which Scott says is far surperior from anything he has used before.I mentioned Cafe Red before as my usual haunt and this cup was just as good,both places using different but very good beans. My only negative comment is the location,wouldn't want to sit in as fast food joints to close for comfort and my children would have me driven round the twist wanting to go there,I don't mind paper cups to go but not to sit down with and the pastries etc.. are all bought in and I love a nice scone with my cuppa!!!However I will be back for my take aways especially as they are open Sundays and definitely if Scott is working.
CathyG

Postby MarkA » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:46 pm

Hi Cathy, yea Scott is really trying to good things in there - just wish every cafe had someone as committed to trying to serve a quality coffee to every customer. Thanks too for your positive comments on our beans.
MarkA

Postby kingseven » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:10 pm

Tell me more about your coffee - I am intruiged....
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby CathyG » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:47 am

Mark supplies beans in N.Ireland and has his own website,but I'll let him tell you about that don't want to steal his thunder!!
CathyG

Return to Places to drink coffee