My New Commercial Coffee Venture

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby cleverdic » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:31 pm

I have another question about Mochas. A lot of mochas that are sold locally seem to have whipped cream on top. I have no desire to buy any equipment or preparation for whipped cream and so my only choice is cream out of an aerosol can. Should I use this as a topping or should I go and wash my mouth out for suggesting anything so ridiculous and just rely on the combination of steamed milk and chocolate. By the way, I've made up a mix of 40% cocoa and 60% raw cane caster sugar to use in my mochas.

Richard
Rancilio S24 and MD40
Gene Cafe Roaster
cleverdic

Postby phil » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:01 am

Sounds good Richard.

On the subject of the cream, I can only relay what my wife thinks as I don't drink such stuff myself. Generally Allyson thinks that foamed (aerosol) cream on top of a drink is horrid, and she usually spoons it off before drinking. I wouldn't have thought that you'd sell fewer drinks because of the lack. But then I'd never buy it either way so who am I to say.

I'd be up for a double ristretto though. Shame you're such a long way from Wiltshire.

Phil
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby alans » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:50 pm

Perhaps you're best off leaving it on the table with sugar etc and letting them add it if they so desire.
alans

Postby cleverdic » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:18 pm

Hi Alans,
I've got my aerosols for tomorrow but will probably ask people if they want whipped cream or not. I can imagine the chaos if a couple of kids got hold of my can and started to squirt the barista :P

I am almost setup and made my test drinks using the cups etc. that will be used. The family have given me the thumbs up. It's now time to unleash my amateur skills on the great British public. I do promise a full write and photos. It may be a couple of days though as it will probably take that time to recover.

Richard
Rancilio S24 and MD40
Gene Cafe Roaster
cleverdic

Postby Raf » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:46 pm

Courage, Richard, courage!
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Previous

Return to Places to drink coffee