best coffe in Paris......Heathrow airport

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

best coffe in Paris......Heathrow airport

Postby monkey66 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:00 pm

.....was at Heathrow T2 on the way out, double maciatto at Nero at 0800hrs was quite drinkable (clean machine perhaps), decient length of pour.

No proper espresso in Paris, I make this statement after having espressos in both a 2 Star Michillin resturant and The Ritz!!!
Bezzera BZ99S with CAL PID
Mazzer Super Red
Large toolbox
monkey66

Postby zapty » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:08 pm

What a bummer, is it that hard to make a proper espresso that those establishments can't even make it anymore.
Back in the days that I worked in *** restaurants and top of the line ***** hotels I must say it was different and proper drinks where served or else...!!!!!
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby BazBean » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:15 pm

manchester airport *$ served a surprise the last time i was there and took the brave decision to refill my veins with caffiene regarless of the taste consequence.. i asked for a ristretto just to show them i was hardcore...lololol.. which worked as the Barista looked blank, but then the person who i assumed was the manager stepped in and explained what it was to his staff, before taking the helm and pouring me one..... to be fair it was ok considering.
Airports do a high volume so maybe they are a more selective as to which staff they use there.... just an idea..!!
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby Steve » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:08 pm

I had a Ritazza at Liverpool airport last week, I make no joke and I do not exaggerate but it is the worst Americano I have ever ever had, truly one sip £2.00 cup of coffee left on the side. WOW was it bad.
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Mathias » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:45 pm

Guys, when will you learn! :shock:
In Paris you find good wines 8) decent priced whisky :P and good looking .... :roll:
Conti lever,Spaziale on the way,Eva Solo,French press, Mazzer Jolly
Mathias

Postby MKSwing » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:41 pm

Top news !!!!
A good place exists now !
It is called : Caféothèque de Paris.
They are really aware of what's going on in the coffee world (barrista championsip, etc...) and try to promote good coffee in France and build a network with good organization. I'll tell you more once I'll be in the group :)

Appart from that, they run a little roastery where you can drink coffee. The address is : 52 rue de l'Hôtel de Ville 75004 PARIS
It is located behind l'Hotel de ville (mayor's building) along the seine.
The espresso I tasted was fresh and very good, it was a lungo but hey, it's Paris :)
Stephane Cataldi
Coffee keeps your spirit levels high !
MKSwing

Postby zapty » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:37 am

MKSwing wrote:Top news !!!!
They are really aware of what's going on in the coffee world (barrista championsip, etc...) and try to promote good coffee in France and build a network with good organization. I'll tell you more once I'll be in the group :)

Appart from that, they run a little roastery where you can drink coffee. The address is : 52 rue de l'Hôtel de Ville 75004 PARIS
The espresso I tasted was fresh and very good, it was a lungo but hey, it's Paris :)

Right on and about time, will be visiting them on my next run to Paris...
zapty

Postby monkey66 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:06 pm

damn...i was in the area several times.... and i had finished my takeout from Nero :)
Bezzera BZ99S with CAL PID
Mazzer Super Red
Large toolbox
monkey66

Postby Mathias » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:03 pm

MKSwing wrote:Top news !!!!

I went there to after reading the above. Nice place with very friendly people. They only serve SO coffee, no blends. They also give courses in coffee to which I signed up with my wife. Three different sessions starting from growing to roasting/cupping.
Conti lever,Spaziale on the way,Eva Solo,French press, Mazzer Jolly
Mathias

Return to Places to drink coffee