Barcelona coffee

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Barcelona coffee

Postby Steve » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:37 am

I'm off on a holiday for a few days (literally a few days) and will be visiting for the day. Are there any highlights I simply must see?

Cheers

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:42 pm

The Segrada Familia (Gaudi designed cathederal), walk Las Ramblas in the city centre, go up Montjuic and if you have time take a trip just outside the city to Montserrat. Oh yes, you must go to the Nou Camp for the tour - it's fab! Barca s a beautiful place. Have fun mate :P

Beany just got back from Barca, so she might have some eating/coffee tips for you - though the Aerobie sounds about right to me :wink: :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby monkey66 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:39 pm

Park Guell is stunning in the sunshine with views across the city.... the food market on Las Ramblas is great..... the thick hot chocolate and pasteries in the gothic quarter......discovering Tapas bars full of locals...Barca is a magical city.

Few pics for you.
Attachments
gaudi7 copy.jpg
gaudi7 copy.jpg (44.63 KiB) Viewed 8322 times
cathedral7 copy.jpg
cathedral7 copy.jpg (47.86 KiB) Viewed 8322 times
cathedral1 copy.jpg
cathedral1 copy.jpg (54.73 KiB) Viewed 8322 times
Bezzera BZ99S with CAL PID
Mazzer Super Red
Large toolbox
monkey66

Postby monkey66 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:44 pm

few more
Attachments
parkguell3 copy.jpg
parkguell3 copy.jpg (42.28 KiB) Viewed 8321 times
parkguell6 copy.jpg
parkguell6 copy.jpg (52.38 KiB) Viewed 8321 times
market1 copy.jpg
market1 copy.jpg (85.84 KiB) Viewed 8321 times
Mazzer Super Red
Large toolbox
monkey66

Postby Beanie » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:47 pm

BRING AEROBIE!!! There was ONE place I accidentally found that roasted on site. It's next to the Sant Antoni market... I'll look up the addy & I have a pic of it somewhere. Unfortunately though, extraction skills left a lot to be desired :( BUT was one of the best coffees we had while there.

Where in Barcelona are you staying? Also, across one of the corners of the market you can get some really, really lovely food... but then again, was only disappointed with one place of all the places where we ate during the trip :)

And yeah, Sagrada Familia is quite a sight to behold... seeing it in photos does not quite compare to when you're there looking at it straight out of the metro!! Keep an hour open for walking up/down Las Ramblas at most. If you like "fountains" then Plaça España in the evening around 21:30-22:30 for the show... lights/music... Of course, you do it quick by getting on the "city tour bus" which allows you to hop off & on and has about 20 tourist attractions stop off - there are 3 different routes tho.

I'll find my links and send them to you :)
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Steve » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:01 pm

I'm not stoping there but Salou (my sons birthday present is one day at forta Ventura and the rest on holiday)

Thanks for the photo's really looking forward to it now :)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby monkey66 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:03 pm

pleasure :) enjoy your trip.
Mazzer Super Red
Large toolbox
monkey66

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:11 pm

Steve wrote:I'm not stoping there but Salou (my sons birthday present is one day at forta Ventura and the rest on holiday)

Thanks for the photo's really looking forward to it now :)

I stayed in La Pineda near Salou a couple of times near the end of the last century (!). Barca is definately the way to go for days out.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby zapty » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:11 pm

Barca rocks, love the pic of the (hot) peppers, one of my other indulgences besides espresso, wine and single malt
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Postby Steve » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:05 pm

We would get on so well Zapty so well, if could just get you interested in the footbal :)
Steve
Founder Member

Return to Places to drink coffee