Visiting England

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Joris » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm

When I was in London for a training (ICT) I stayed at the Crestfield Hotel @ crestfield st. near Kings Cross station. Every morning when I walked to the building where the training was (30minute walk) I had a decent cup in a coffeeshop somewhere near Pentonville road / St.Johns street. Wouldn't know the name or exact address anymore... but this was 5 years ago so if it's still there ??
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Postby KateM » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:28 pm

Bean_Believer wrote:
Well, if Oxford's like Beijing,

Oxfords nothing like Beijing but I'd still avoid it - not a decent coffee to be had anywhere. :lol:

I'd go with the Bullet too (but some have had bad experiences recently and they were advetising for new staff). Monmouth is Ok if you don't mind quaint and cramped.
Gaggia TD, Rocky, Hottop; misc. Bodum FPs , old ''Cona Standard'' and well worn JonathanM
KateM

Postby espressomattic » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:19 pm

'Blend' in Kettering, Market Harborough and Rothwell BEnay are the best in the area, all run by a friend of mine. Coffe comes in Roasted to order and it is prety good to boot. Nice atmosphere as well...that's pretty much smack in the middle of Birmingham and London - 60 miles each way!!!
espressomattic

Postby Trebor » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:01 pm

zapty wrote:A bit off the beaten path maybe, Petti Coat Lane market on a sunday morning makes for a fun shopping experience, Camden market (daily). The Bramah Tea and Coffee museum.
The Kensington Roof Gardens and, don't laugh, the Horniman museum..

i have only been to the one near Burroughs market, and they made me a few (free! :lol: ) when i was looking for some beans. They usually just serve their bean of the day/week etc but if you ask they will let you try something else. i like their organic espresso.

Burrough market is pretty cool too.
Trebor

Postby Trebor » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:03 pm

zapty wrote:A bit off the beaten path maybe, Petti Coat Lane market on a sunday morning makes for a fun shopping experience, Camden market (daily). The Bramah Tea and Coffee museum.
The Kensington Roof Gardens and, don't laugh, the Horniman museum..

probably safer. i tend to have too many and spend too much on all the pretties!! :shock:
Trebor

Postby zapty » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:21 am

Real nice and quit these last few days here, wonder why that is....?
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Previous

Return to Places to drink coffee