Bullet Cafe

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Bullet Cafe

Postby kingseven » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:01 pm

Well, I popped in there with a friend today to see whether it was as good as people on here said it was.

Sadly, I was disappointed.

I know a coffee shop is only as good as the barista on duty, and the poor guy did seem to be playing catch up with the orders. My espresso was sour, yet looked overextracted. My friend's long black was pretty ropey.

Interestingly they claim to roast themselves. Do they just have the one site or are there others?

That said - nice feel to the place, especially considering where it was, and the internet access is a nice touch.

Maybe they do milk drinks better, and why doesn't their website work?

http://www.bullet-coffee.com
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby phil » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:24 pm

and why doesn't their website work?

Their nameservers are down or unreachable. Actually it's only one nameserver. :roll:
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby KateM » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:58 pm

Really sorry you had a bad experience :cry: , particularly after we raved about it before Christmas. I did notice they were advertising for new staff when we were in perhaps you got a newbie.
Gaggia TD, Rocky, Hottop; misc. Bodum FPs , old ''Cona Standard'' and well worn JonathanM
KateM

Postby BazBean » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:44 pm

i can never understand when newbies are allowed near machines without adequate training? i know many places this has happened. :!: and to be fair its unfair on the people themseleves
if this is indeed the case in this particular instance i just dont get it, you would never leave an apprentice chef in charge of the kitchen?. my first "trainee" was not allowed to pull a shot for 3 weeks..... (granted this is maybe a little excessive ...lol.)... :roll: my babys require a lot of attention dont you know ..he he he
BazBean

Postby JonEdwards » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:47 pm

Have been in there twice now.

The first time was distictly average (although the brownie was bloody good).

Second time was MUCH better, and I saw a pair of nice arty lattes being carried past.

Different baristas on the two visits, so I guess there's a good'un and a not so good'un...
JonEdwards

Return to Places to drink coffee