interesting (and scary in some ways) post on Dutch espresso

Is it actually possible to find a good shot?

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

interesting (and scary in some ways) post on Dutch espresso

Postby luca » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:48 am

an why it's (usually - with the due exceptions) so crap.

http://itsnotpossible.typepad.com/welco ... espre.html
luca

Postby Nataleeps » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:20 am

I don't think I wanted to know that, as in 'ignorance is bliss'. Surely its not a wide spread practice?
Rancilio S26, Bezzera BB105 grinder, Cunill Tauro grinder, Hottop
Nataleeps

Postby Beanie » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:45 am

OMG! Read the rest of the site though and had a really good laugh. :lol: Will share it with all my expat friends here :twisted:
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Jo2 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:17 pm

I feel ashamed to be Dutch now... :oops:
Mazzermini E, Jura E80, Mokapot (VBM Domobar Super on its way)
Jo2

Postby Beanie » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:13 pm

Oh Jo, I'm sorry :( Didn't mean it like that :( Okay, there's lots of truth to the espresso (dunno about re-using though) but for the rest, I think to some point all expats everywhere moan and groan like that. If it was really so bad anywhere, they really would "go home" or elsewhere. I'm guilty of whining about customer service here too, which is why I though it funny, because I've heard it so many times. My European friends who now live in Canada bitch and whine about starting out with 2 week vacations per year, the weather, grizzly bears, long distances, non-concrete homes, etc .... oh, and of course, sometimes service is so over the top all that niceness seems fake.
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Jo2 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:42 pm

No offense taken... :P

But anyway, what's wrong with re-using coffee? :twisted:
Mazzermini E, Jura E80, Mokapot (VBM Domobar Super on its way)
Jo2

Postby JimS » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:06 pm

Isn't this how decaf is made :lol:
There are three intolerable things in life - cold coffee, lukewarm champagne, and overexcited women.
Orson Welles (1915 - 1985)
JimS

Postby zapty » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:35 pm

There is one place in The Netherlands I can recommend where they serve good coffee: Maison Blanche Dael (Blanche Daels Coffeelovers) in the beautiful town of Maastricht, where the coffee is good and the waitresses polite.
They have been roasting their beans themselves for 123 years now and counting.
Bezzera B3000A, Giotto Premium, several Cona's, several Balance Brewers, Atomic, Milano etc,
Aristarco, Rancilio MD 40, Ditting and Eureka MCI grinders, several antique roasters, a mini500/800N propane/electric Taiwanese roaster, greens all over the place...and some other unmentionables that have not been mentioned......
zapty

Return to Places to drink coffee