Hottop - Fantastic service

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Hottop - Fantastic service

Postby DarthVader » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:12 am

So I lost a screw....yes I think I've got a few loose.

It was one of the bearing plate screws on the Hottop. So I went to my supplier who basically said no luck son try to find summat from yer local hardware shop. I tried everywhere and even searched the web but no luck.

On the web I found the Hottop email addy and with nothing to lose asked them for a local distributor or servicing department from where I could purchase a screw. After a few emails they said that they'd pop one in the post gratis from CHINA (TAIWAN)! That was Friday and today Tuesday I get a package delivered via Parcel Farce! with 8 yes EIGHT screws!

Fantastic service. Well done Hottop!

They also asked me if they could help with any other spares but like a stupid idiot told them that most other things I could get locally. Should have asked for some filters etc.

Cheers,

DV
La Spatziale S1 Mini Vivaldi/FFX1/Swissgold filter/Hottop/Imex CR100/Popcorn machine/Dog bowl and hot air blower/Mini Mazzer E/Dualit grinder/Rolling pin..........plus other coffee making/enjoyment bits'n'pieces
DarthVader

RE: Hottop - Fantastic service

Postby Narra » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:38 pm

That is good service. Usually from China everything gets chucked in a big boat and then pushed off the ramp to turn up 6 months later.
Narra

Re: RE: Hottop - Fantastic service

Postby Belgik » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:10 pm

Narra wrote:That is good service. Usually from China everything gets chucked in a big boat and then pushed off the ramp to turn up 6 months later.

Yes, and with the present ocean-shipping crisis, you'll be lucky to get anything at all...don't laugh!
ECM Giotto maquinas, Macap M5 grinder, reconditioned Zassenhaus manual grinder,
Thor tamper, Britta filtered water, cheap vacuum cleaner, Hottop "basic" roaster, green beans in stock.
Belgik

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques