More I Roast (again)

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

More I Roast (again)

Postby Steve » Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:16 pm

I have been talking to a good friend in the States who is quite a big player in the home roasting market. He has one of the I roast from Hearthware and apart from a few little moans about he is generally impressed. He is concerned (and has heard rumbelings) that they have spent so much on development, that they may not have enough cash to produce it.

So what does this mean, well if it is true (and the delays make it ring a little true), then the 230v users have virtually no chance of seeing one. If they do get the cash together to start production, you can be sure we will only see a 110v version. With the poor distribution network of the UK, I know they wont be that bothered by this, as they didnt sell that many anyway.

I must STRESS this is full of second guesses and based on very little fact apart from, they have had a machine made for over six months but have yet to make a single one in the factory for the consumer. Why when its a finished product is the date slipping.

He says the machine is pretty good and does some nice tricks, (user programmed roasting curves) but the programming is VERY tricky to understand and does take so work.

Thought I'd share this
Steve
Founder Member

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques