grinding manually

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Danny » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:45 pm

I was a social smoker. For years. Then I gave up, for about a year.
Then I moved to NL and started again and found it hard to give up (especially since my wife also started).

Now, since the Dutch introduced new anti-smoking laws, my wife's collegaues decided to give up and really make the office smoke free (they have to since jan 1 anyway).

We've been off the cigarettes since september (the same week I got my Isomac Tea) and I have to say that I've never found it so easy to give up. In the first week I felt like a cigarette mabe three times. Since then I have not desired one.

I am not gloating... I found this incredibly surprising and the only thing I can attribute it to is getting my HX machine in the same week as I quit.

So michel, next time you feel like a cig... Just go for a shot instead.

-D
p.s. Sorry I've been away... My kitchen is being re-done and I've not had much time for anything social lately.
Danny

Postby alans » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:06 pm

That's interesting what did the new laws ban? In Ireland they're bringing in a ban on ALL workplaces, and as people work at restaurants, cafes, bars, etc. that means no smoking in Pubs. Of course the ban was meant to come in 1/1/04 but has been put back again and again so looking like March now.
alans

Postby Raf » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:19 pm

In Belgium, we have a ban on smoking in trains since Jan. 1st. Seems like all European countries are moving in on smokers.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Danny » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:26 pm

alans wrote:That's interesting what did the new laws ban? In Ireland they're bringing in a ban on ALL workplaces, and as people work at restaurants, cafes, bars, etc. that means no smoking in Pubs. Of course the ban was meant to come in 1/1/04 but has been put back again and again so looking like March now.

1/1/2004 it started (shame on you using a 2 digit date - you contracters are all alike:) )

But seriously.... It was supposed to be across the board, every workplace (including trains, restaurants, cafes), but the coffeeshops presented a real problem and they (plus most of horeca I think) have an undefined extension to that rule.

Personally I love it... No more people smoking in the offices. Should make it easier for those that want to quit...
Danny

Postby Sunnyfield » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:52 pm

I was actually really pissed off at those tobacco firms for getting me hooked on something that has such withdrawal symptoms.

Yes I am really pissed off with car companies for making cars that cause so many road deaths each year... ;-)

I thought cigars were more detremental to the health than cigarettes? Something about the smoke being absorbed into your body through your tongue straight into your blood!?
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Previous

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques