Clot with a vac pot

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Clot with a vac pot

Postby phil » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:46 am

I thought I'd let you folks have a laugh at my expense.

The other day I was in my usual rush to prepare our breakfast coffee. I set up my vac pot, added the coffee, brewed for the required amount of time and then took the pot off the heat to drain.

Disaster! It drained for about 20 - 30 seconds and then stuck! Nothiing I could do would unstick it! There was a hissing noise as air was sucked into the jug around the rubber seal, but the coffee wouldn't drain any more.

I ended up pouring the coffee and grounds out of the top bowl and into a press pot and then plunging it immediately.

The result wasn't too good I'm afraid, and was as bad as over-brewed coffee usually is. A shameful waste of my favourite Kenyan peaberry.

Later in the day I was doing my cleaning up, and I noticed something odd. Then I didn't know whether to laugh or curse.

I had the jug of a Cona "D" size kichen model with the top bowl of a Bodum Santos, but fitted with a Cona glass rod. The neck on the Cona jug is much narrower than that on the Bodum, and as I've reported before the Cona glass rod doesn't work too well in the Santos.

D'ohhhh! What a clot! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Re: Clot with a vac pot

Postby zix » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:59 pm

phil wrote:D'ohhhh! What a clot! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:D :D :D Naaah, I don´t know about that. You´ll need to do better than that to enter my league. As a single example, did you ever drive the car to work in the morning, work all day, and take the bus home - leaving your car on the parking lot at work?

Luckily, I didn´t get a parking ticket, even though I deserved one.
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Return to Other Brewing Methods