Handmade Espresso Coffee!

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Handmade Espresso Coffee!

Postby blackice » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:10 pm

A customer in the coffee shop I work, told me some days before that his espresso machine has stopped working, and he now uses a special method to brew his espresso... I was curious! I asked him how and he said it was a secret! After a lot of pressure (and some use of violence :-D ) he told me that he puts the coffee in a fine filter he pours hot water on top of it and then he tamps it with a big spoon, to extract espresso! This is one of the most strange ways I've ever heard to brew coffee. Handmade espresso coffee!!! :-D
Do you have a strange coffee brewing method to share???

This is my own strange method for iced coffee:
I prepare triple-strength sweetened turkish coffee and as soon as it boils I pour it in a tall glass full of ice cubes. I let the coffee rest for 1 minute to get cold, and then I enjoy some fine iced turkish coffee (I've never heard anyone using this method!) Maybe sth is wrong with me... Doctor!!!
Olympia Cremina
Mazzer Super Jolly
Turbo Crazy
blackice

Postby GeorgeW » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:53 pm

OK .....I'm not a doctor but on the other hand I do have a stethoscope. :wink:
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:46 pm

I smear beans with fish oil which attracts my cat. He eats them, and the content of his dirt box is then used to produce "home made" Kopi Luwak. We call it Catti Poopak :roll: :wink:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby espressomattic » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:39 am

CakeBoy wrote:I smear beans with fish oil which attracts my cat. He eats them, and the content of his dirt box is then used to produce "home made" Kopi Luwak. We call it Catti Poopak :roll: :wink:

I found nothing more stimulating than rifling through his litter tray.
espressomattic

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:08 pm

Oh I forgot, he wondered if you would also be taking the p*ss whilst you were rummiging about in the kitty tray for his "twosie offerings"? :o :roll: :wink: :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Other Brewing Methods