Aerobie Aeropress - first impressions

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby GeorgeW » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:20 pm

Steve wrote:NEW SHIRTS ON ORDER THANKS GEORGE :)

Oh my God....I just knew it! :?
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby clovissangrail » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:47 am

Right, got mine last week... thanks Steve ... wanted to tap into the common stock of intellect (am back in the office now so think my already impaired IQ is probably falling at present). Basically 2 observations (although must confess to being impressed overall):

1. Has anyone else found that the coffee which comes out of this is a bit too cold when the suggested temp water is used
2. Has anyone succeeded in putting swissgold filter in, if so should I.

Am teeing this new toy up for a trip to France next month (will be taking grinder and beans too, as French coffee, is really very ugh).

Thanks guys

Tim
clovissangrail

Postby scook94 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:56 pm

Are you heating the cup/mug first? I tend to boil half a kettle then fill my mug full of "just-boiled" water, then grind my beans into the Aeropress before dumping the water from the mug and brewing my coffee. Seems just about right when I do that.

I've had a Swiss Gold filter in mine for a while now, works great, but just be careful when cutting it to size as it's possible to get "splinters". Whether you should or not is up to you... I've certainly not gone back to paper ones since I fitted it.
Izzo Vivi | Mazzer SJ Doserless | Gene Cafe
scook94

Postby lukas » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:07 pm

Wow. Cheers and Kudos to Steve for handing me over one of these nice toys, together with a bag of the incredible Nicaraguan CoE Coffee. Very impressing overall! The Goldfilter in it now has had a nice trip through Europe me thinks. I barely can't say much about it because I tried it only for a few times so far, but it seems that I'm quite slowly getting it right after reading through 9 pages of tips and nonsense. Report back later! :)
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:09 pm

That Nicaraguan COE certainly is something special in the Aerobie eh Lukas? I totally agree with you, yum :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby scook94 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:10 pm

I'd like to give a big shout out for the Fazenda Cachoeira Canario Special in the Aeropress, I love it so much that I've not had my espresso machine on for the last week!!!! :D
Izzo Vivi | Mazzer SJ Doserless | Gene Cafe
scook94

Previous

Return to Other Brewing Methods