Gotta stop being so greedy...

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Gotta stop being so greedy...

Postby Terje » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:26 am

... and never tamp the coffee in the moka pot. I roast and grind a little too much at times. I'm getting better at quessing how much green beans are needed. And I've gotta learn to just throw that extra away. I'm not gonna drink it, my wife ain't gonna drink it and I'm usually just a few grams off.

This morning I did tamp a little and yes, there was coffee all over the stove afterwards.
Different beans and a frying pan, Zassenhaus grinder and a couple of moka pots...
Terje

Postby Gouezeri » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:32 am

how much do you normally roast at a time? no chance of saving "left-overs" for trial blends?
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby zix » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:50 pm

Yeah, if you get one of those valve equipped coffee bags and one of those big plastic clips you can save the surplus beans til´next time. After having tried one of Joeys bags (thanx for the coffee again Joey, it was lovely) I must agree: it works very well once you have pushed the air out of it.
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Return to Other Brewing Methods