Eva Solo - where to buy in the UK

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Eva Solo - where to buy in the UK

Postby josh_robb » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:52 pm

The title basically sums it up. Does anyone have one of these yet? If so got any feedback to share.

I was away for a week and took a plastic filter + paper filters with me. It was yummy but a hassle and messy and I'm now thinking about portable brewing. (I guess to be a real purest I'll also need to get a Zass).

j.
josh_robb

Postby phil » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:26 pm

Google is our friend. It told me that (presuming you're talking about the Cafe Solo) these can be had from http://www.panik-design.com . Price for 1 litre version £44.99, for the 0.6 litre version £39.00. There are probably other sources too but I stopped once I'd found the first.

I don't know how you're going to use this but personally I'd just buy a cheap Bodum press pot and use the money saved towards that Zass (169?) that you mentioned.

I have a Zass 169 btw. Must write it up for the site some day.
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Beanie » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:01 pm

Hey josh_robb,

I've got the littleone. I don't have a french press, so I can't compare. It's definitely simplicity in a pretty design. Also, cleaning is a snap and everything can go in the dishwasher, except for the jacket which can go in the wash at 30degC. I haven't messed that up, so it doesn't need a wash often at all. My quick search delivered a review on CG.

It is expensive... but oh well, it's only double-triple that of my tamper, so... I got it cause it's pretty. May well be that a FP will do just as well. While the jacket of the ES definitely keeps the coffee warm for a while, I only make enough for the 1st pour anyway... btw, the grounds stay in contact with the water for any remaining pours.

I'll take some pictures of the ES tomorrow.
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Rattus » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:19 pm

They've got them for the same prices at AnotherCoffee too. I was thinking of rolling one into my next order there.

Martyn
Rattus

Postby Mathias » Tue May 10, 2005 1:02 pm

If you find them expensive you could always look at ebay. I picked one up (the 1 litre model) last sunday at 11 euros. Seems like it was never used. Seller claimed it was a gift and they don't drink coffee...A couple of weeks ago another went for 35 euros (both in France).

I haven't made a side by side comparison but just from having used it a few times I prefer it from a practical point of view. The french press will sit on the shell.
Conti lever,Spaziale on the way,Eva Solo,French press, Mazzer Jolly
Mathias

Postby phil » Tue May 10, 2005 7:05 pm

If anyone's interested in these, I Think Steve said that Hasbean also have stock now (although if I know him they won't be on the web site yet! :roll:).
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Gouezeri » Tue May 10, 2005 7:08 pm

Give the fella a break, he's in Nicaragua for crying out loud... (Steve, just send it to the usual address ;-) ). Personally, I think this kind of thing is better maintained by the sysop/webmaster rather than the shop/business owner... wonder who that could be :-P
D
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby Steve » Wed May 11, 2005 5:05 am

LOL Leave me alone :)
Steve
Founder Member

Return to Other Brewing Methods