Scace or similar instrument

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Scace or similar instrument

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:55 pm

Right then, who has a Scace and who has a similar instrument for measuring temperature? Does anyone have a homemade device? If so, how successful is the diy gadget?
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Re: Scace or similar instrument

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:07 pm

Seriously, have none of us got one of these? :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Steve » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:10 pm

I got one, happy to lead it you, but only if I am allowed to come down and supervise you :)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Steve wrote:I got one, happy to lead it you, but only if I am allowed to come down and supervise you :)

If you come, please do bring it. You've got Cafiza! Shots anyone? ;)

We have a rather spiffing polystyrene cup with a t/c held in with the finest tape money can buy. I just often think we should construct something more. DSC was working on diy ideas a while back and there are a few people have built detailed around the internet. It's a shame the originals are not particularly accessible in the UK.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby icke » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:21 pm

i got a scace 1 too but you'd have to come down to pick it up... 8)

steve is certainly the faster option there (if one can call him an option...?)
Black KvdW Speedster / Arrarex Caravel / Elektra Nino / Vario / Huky 500 / and a bunch of less frequently used things...
LMWDP #386
icke

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:06 pm

icke wrote:i got a scace 1 too but you'd have to come down to pick it up... 8)

Thanks Olaf, kind of you to offer. They are quite scarce it seems. Will probably borrow Steve's sometime, though we are still interested too in other solutions people have perhaps made themselves.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:13 pm

CakeBoy wrote:
icke wrote:i got a scace 1 too but you'd have to come down to pick it up... 8)

Thanks Olaf, kind of you to offer. They are quite scarce it seems. Will probably borrow Steve's sometime, though we are still interested too in other solutions people have perhaps made themselves.

News flash! Scace are scarce!
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Return to Espresso