L’Anna further problems with electronics

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Thu May 21, 2015 1:18 pm

We usually do take phone photos too but it wasn't to hand and there lies our stupidity. Cutting corners is never worth it, and but for the help of your good self and Johnca, we would have been in dire straits. Thank you, excellent photos and a valuable reference.

I'm trying to remember if our burr change a couple of years back helped with pf spraying. I suspect so because consistent grinds are mire forgiving on distribution. We seem to need to change Anna's gaskets a fair bit too as they split and begin to leak.

The coffee is shockingly better now, she was clearly suffering on several fronts and as you say the relay is likely one of them. The old one was certainly blackened through the clear walls and the new one has a crisper click. Scott mentioned it's never good mixing end of life components with new ones. I feel more comfortable knowing new and old are not going hand in hand. I think we should have a nice trouble free run now with luck. She even had a new pump a couple of years back, so nothing is old :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Thu May 21, 2015 2:34 pm

Johnca's photos, showing slightly different wiring colours from those of DrChris and many others of us, also for reference :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (47.76 KiB) Viewed 11597 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (44.45 KiB) Viewed 11598 times
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Thu May 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Great news :D Connecting the controller up incorrectly could certainly cause confusing symptoms :wink: I hope that is the end of Anna’s problems and you can now relax and enjoy the coffee.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby CakeBoy » Thu May 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Thanks GB, we hope so too :) We got lucky, it was the live and the continuous that got transposed so no harm was done. Fortunately, the result was no heater at all. It could have been nasty. Very stupid indeed!
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Previous

Return to Espresso