Sold - ECM Heidelberg Special Barista

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Sold - ECM Heidelberg Special Barista

Postby Baj1936 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:40 pm

I am not completely sure what I'm selling. Let me I explain.

In November 2014 I purchased from Bella Barista what was advertised as an ECM Barista HX Espresso Machine that had been specially fitted, by ECM Heidelberg, with a rotary pump instead of the usual vibratory pump. The idea being that Bella Barista would be the unique supplier of these machines (as is the QM Verona they sell). It didn’t sell, so they lowered the price. I bought it to replace my noisy Fracino Cherub (small steam leak from safety valve caused it to switch on the vibratory pump every half-hour to top-up the boiler); wife most cross.

I removed the top of the case and discovered that I had not been sold a Barista machine fitted with a rotary pump: no copper boiler, no Giemme controller, no MA-TER XP110 pressurestat, unable to be plumbed in and 1200W heater.

I discovered a stainless steel boiler, a Gicar controller, Sirai pressurestat, that it could be plumbed in, and a 1400W heater.

Closer investigation and inspection has convinced me that I had been sold an ECM Heidelberg Technika IV Profi WT-WC HX Espresso Machine but in a Barista case and with rotary instead of lever water and steam controls. The Technika Profi is ECM’s top machine. Bella Barista were not aware of what they had sold me and agreed that it had been a good bargain. It is a magnificent machine with a stainless steel octagonal case that in my opinion is more attractive than the case of the Technika.

But for me the necessary cooling flush was annoying so a month ago I descaled it and moved it to the garage. I have replaced it with a dual boiler machine and am most content.

I now wish to sell it.

Condition is obviously nearly new with all the original accessories.

Well looked after - back-flushed and so on.

Buyer collects. I live in east Kent.

Offers and questions on the forum.

No PMs till deal is agreed.

John.
Last edited by Baj1936 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Il Gran Sasso d'Italia.

Fracino Cherub - Quamar M80 Grinder
Baj1936

Postby GreenBean » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:43 pm

Making this a sticky for you, John. Good luck with the sale :D Please let us know when it is sold.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby Baj1936 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Thanks, will do.
Il Gran Sasso d'Italia.

Baj1936

Postby Baj1936 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:05 pm

This machine has now been sold.
Il Gran Sasso d'Italia.

Baj1936

Postby GreenBean » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:47 pm

Congratulations on the sale :D I will unsticky this now.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby sicinius » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:40 am

What a lucky escape.....

Me being in East Kent and all.
Isomac Zaffiro, Eureka Mignon, Isomac Gram Macinino, Aeropress, Stovetop espresso, various Moka stovetops, 3 cafetieres, 50's glass Cona. Behmor 1600.
sicinius

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:51 am

Well done :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Espresso