Back in the saddle with l’anna

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Back in the saddle with l’anna

Postby toast21 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:15 am

Hello TMC’ers!

It’s been many many years since I’ve been online - in that time, coffee went from being something important to something put the back burner in my pursuit of travelling and photography.

Now I’ve moved from London to Singapore and looking to rekindle my love for coffee. The lovely L’anna broke down in transit and I had to send her off for repairs. She’s now come back but things just don’t seem right. Pressure at the group head is now closer to 13 and seems to jet out when I remember the water dancing. I’ve also got a gut feel that the temperature is just too high.

Does anyone have some tips on setting the l’anna up so I can adjust the various pressures, temperatures etc so I can get her back to live again?

Thanks all!
In the middle of darkness a voice spoke to me. "Smile and be happy" it said, "For things could be worse". So I smiled, and was happy, and things got worse.

- Iberital L’Anna
- Mazzer SJ
- Reg barber Tamper
toast21

Re: Back in the saddle with l’anna

Postby dr.chris » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:19 pm

So sorry I missed this I am a very rare visitor here these days.

First thing to do with Anna is play with the pressure adjustment which is a device with a screw head on the top on the back right hand corner of the machine. It is sensitive and should help you get the pressure (and temperature) down.
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Re: Back in the saddle with l’anna

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:37 am

Hello to you both, great to see you again. Sorry, I'm also a bit slow these days.

Good to see you still have your L'Anna working Toasty. Too much pressure is better than too little as we found out. How are you doing with the adjustment Chris mentioned? It should do the trick.

If you haven't done it yet, the adjustment screw is under the cone shaped rubber sheath sitting on top of the pressurestat. When you adjust, look for the boiler gauge needle to settle just under 1 bar. Turn off the power though and take care not to short our the two pins next to the adjustment screw when she is on.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Espresso