coffee machine trivia...

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

coffee machine trivia...

Postby siris » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:26 pm

hi, i've always wandered what a certain part of a coffee machine is called...it's the place that you put your group-head into [where the hot water comes out]...i'm not talking about a pod machine, but the other type...

while i'm on the subject, what is the type of machine that i'm talking about called?

thanks in advance for the help...

siris
siris

Postby bruceb » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:09 pm

The part you are talking about is the group head. The handle with the filter basket in it is called the portafilter and the whole machine is called an espresso machine. Pod machines and full automats don't really count. :lol:
Some people refer to the kind of machine you asked about as portafilter machines and they may be manual or semi-automatic. You may get some more thoughts on this. :P :D
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:37 pm

brilliant...thanks

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:38 pm

I thought it was Called Frank or Bert? :? :roll:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:42 pm

CakeBoy wrote:I thought it was Called Frank or Bert? :? :roll:

Shhhhhhhhhh He's not a card carrying member...yet!
:shock: :lol:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby espressomattic » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:52 pm

Mines called Oscar and he has been pumping all day ;) :D

Seriously I call it that hot thing I always burn my fingers on when taking the showerscreen off to clean it. Mental note - Do it when machine is cold!!! :D
espressomattic

Postby dliefbroer » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:52 am

espressomattic wrote:Mines called Oscar and he has been pumping all day ;) :D

Seriously I call it that hot thing I always burn my fingers on when taking the showerscreen off to clean it. Mental note - Do it when machine is cold!!! :D

Why would want your machine to get cold?????
ECM Giotto Classic - Mazzer Mini E - Gene Cafe - Bodum French Press - Bialetti 1 cup Moka Pot - Lava Deluxe
dliefbroer

DGSD

Postby aef » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:41 pm

MOD's edit: Post deleted as it was full of spam and wasn't even written in an european language :P
aef

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:19 pm

Are you sure it wasn't one of Breako's posts? :wink: :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:56 pm

CakeBoy wrote:Are you sure it wasn't one of Breako's posts? :wink: :lol:

Mr. Cakeflour you are a very nasty man! :P :lol: :lol:
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:43 pm

I know .... great isn't it?! :wink: :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Return to Open House