rancilio silvia

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Fatboy_007 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:22 pm

This is a bit of a worry as I am about to purchase a Silvia, (was going to be a Vivi but budget just won't allow at present;-() is this a common as my wife is going to beat me about the head if it has to keep going back.
| Silvia | Rocky & Zass| Custom Fatboy Reg Barber | Aeropress |
| Beans, Beans, Beans | & Enthusiasm, but no real talent! |
Fatboy_007

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:58 pm

I don't think it is common. These are the only cases I have heard of and there are lots of happy Sylvia owners on TMC, plus a few of us with the pre-Sylvia Audrey model that has almost identical innards.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Ian » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:11 pm

Fatboy_007 wrote:This is a bit of a worry as I am about to purchase a Silvia, (was going to be a Vivi but budget just won't allow at present;-() is this a common as my wife is going to beat me about the head if it has to keep going back.

I'd have no problems in buying another Silvia, there are thousands in circulation and some of them are bound to have gone wrong but the Silvia simple and robust using commercial quality components so it's easily repairable.

Ian
Ian

Postby GeorgeW » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:24 pm

Ian wrote:
Fatboy_007 wrote:This is a bit of a worry as I am about to purchase a Silvia, (was going to be a Vivi but budget just won't allow at present;-() is this a common as my wife is going to beat me about the head if it has to keep going back.

I'd have no problems in buying another Silvia, there are thousands in circulation and some of them are bound to have gone wrong but the Silvia simple and robust using commercial quality components so it's easily repairable.

Ian

+1
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby stigin » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:45 pm

GeorgeW wrote:+1

Make that +2 :D
life's too short to drink bad coffee! Image
HasBean Beans -> Caffe Rosto -> Rocky Doserless -> Miss Silvia -> Me -> Grindenstein + Pallo
stigin

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:51 am

Cool.

Postby Steem21 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:09 pm

Make that +2

Make that +3 :D
And guest....I've only had the Silvia for a few months (a secondhand machine at that), I've managed to strip down and fix a fault on the machine and can testify to Ian's comment:
Silvia simple and robust using commercial quality components so it's easily repairable
La Spaziale Vivaldi II, Mazzer Mini E, Aerobie Aeropress
Steem21

Previous

Return to Open House