Innova Dream (pink)

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Innova Dream (pink)

Postby Shannoncita » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:08 pm

I have seen this machine sitiing beautifully in the window of the Algerian Coffee Company in Soho, London. I am wondering if it actually does the job or it it is just a lot of show.
As well as making good coffee it has to look good in my kitchen, I know that seems stupid but...
Does anyone have one or know about them at all? Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks
Shannoncita

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:54 pm

Algerian get these from Fairfax up at Swiss Cottage, and didn't know much about them when I asked almost a year ago, Pages by Shaftesbury ave., have also had them in the past along with Purves and Purves, but I've not checked either recently. The most helpful Innova stockist I spoke to was Brian Wogan coffee (but it seems his site has changed and it's less informative). If you want to learn more about it, read the following review of the arc and the comments that resulted:
http://www.coffeegeek.com/proreviews/fi ... rc/details
and
http://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/articl ... ooks/59816
But to be honest, the silvia is better for less... it's just not as pink as curvey.
D
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby Olings » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:01 am

All spammers are idiots spammers are idiots - idiots idiots, neuter spammers, spammer neuteration. Neuter spammers!!!!!!!!! :evil:

A truly unwelcome guest!!!

Back to the topic. I've was told, when I bought my demoka grinder, that there is a lot of plastic inside the Innova. This does not vouch for quality in my book. But I must agree that it looks good.

For me the rule of what looks good in the kitchen is a combination of what looks good as far as design goes, and what looks like it's a quality product made to the job in the best way.

Good luck with the purchase of your grinder!

Ola
La Marzocco GS3, Compak K10, Dualit grinder, Turkish coffee maker (Ibrik) and grinder, Eva Solo coffee maker, French press, Aeropress.
Olings

Return to Open House