Barista wanted! Vienna

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Barista wanted! Vienna

Postby Joey » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:47 pm

Ok folks out there.
This time I post it in the guest section, so that even our dear guests have the chance to concider working for me ;-)

I am looking for 2 full time baristas!
I need people with the love for coffee, greedy to learn more about coffee and to experiment with over 40 single origins.

Important fact: you must speak German language and you need a permission to work in Austria. (which is no problem with the "old" EU countries, the new ones have still restrictions, but you should know that yourself where ever you live ;-D)

Our duty times are 10am - 6pm, 5pm - 01am, or on fridays, saturday and sunday also 3pm - 11pm.
You would work 5x 8hours per week, and be responsible for the espressomachine, the grinders, the dishes... and if there is a time where no coffee has to be made, the Barista helps the waitresses and makes the tea or some other drinks behind the bar, too, or sells something at the counter.

We would of course train you on all the machines.
As i don't have to pay per word like in a newspaper ad, I can explain a bit more here, to draw a picture for those who are considering it. I think it's better to tell as much as possible in advance, so that you know what we are expecting and what we can offer. Saves some of us a lot of time ;-D

I can say that beside our wonderful, freshly roasted coffee, we have a very nice staff and wonderful customers with many regulars. It's really fun to be able to educate some customers who are interested about coffee, and to bond with the ones who come almost every day or week.... the ambience is an exotic, tropical colonial style, therefore we have a uniform (Indiana Jones pilot shirts in beige) and an apron. (Agressive tatoos and facial piercings are not welcome.)
You would need to bring beige, khaki or light brown trousers and brown leather shoes.
And a good mood! >lol<

The music we play is ranging from latino style, Buddha Bar, Man Ray, Café del Mar, Hawaiian songs, and on Sundays some nice 60's jazz - very comfy. Lately I bought a longe CD with african touch....

Any other questions, let me know!

But I don't need someone for just 2 months, I really need someone that stays for a pretty while and works full time. No students!

Thanks!

Johanna Wechselberger :D
Attachments
mc060.jpg
mc060.jpg (16.36 KiB) Viewed 4136 times
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby moniek » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:15 am

Hello!

Well, I showed your "ad" to one of my barista's. He is going to Austria for six months and is looking for a job. But I think he will look for a job in another city/town first (there's a girl involved ofcourse). Anyway, if he ends up with you, please do let him go after six months, because he's one of my top workers!

Good luck with your search, I know it's not easy..

Moniek
Working with: LaMarzocco, Mirage
Grinder: Macap, Mahlkonig K60es
Wouldn't mind: La Scala Butterfly for home use..
moniek

Postby Joey » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:57 am

He, he....of course! Wouldn't want that to happen to me either ;-D
Actually I am not sure if I can afford another Barista right now - but as you know, things change quickly. I deffinitely know that I need someone for 1 month when my Felipe is gone on vacation, and some other weeks where the rest of the staff is on holiday, too.
What's his name and which town does he prefer?

Joey
Joey

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:11 am

He has his eye on Zell an See. His name is Tom Verduin, he's 20 yrs old and will be there from may till october

Moniek.

Postby moniek » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:12 am

I forgot to log in..
Working with: LaMarzocco, Mirage
Grinder: Macap, Mahlkonig K60es
Wouldn't mind: La Scala Butterfly for home use..
moniek

Postby Joey » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:39 am

Oh, nice tourist place on the country side. About 3-4 hours from Vienna. But just tourist gastronomy. No special coffee place there... well, but if it's for a girl...I guess he will do everything to stay there. What a wastage of a barista >sigh<

joey ;-)
Joey

Return to Open House