Too Much Coffee Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CattytownOffline
Post subject: Ascaso/Innova dream repair  PostPosted: Apr 02, 2007 - 10:30 AM

Anyone know the innards? My heater has died and I have a repalcement on order, but I am not sure exactly what I need to do to get it apart - the thermostats don't seem to unscrew for example.

I can see how the plumbing undoes, but not how to split the boiler.

I can probably figure it ut, but if someone can save me disconnecting half the plumbing if I don't need to I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Paul.

Reply with quote Back to top
mochaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 09, 2007 - 08:05 PM

Hi, if your machine is like:

http://www.ascaso.com/cafe/2005/eng_cafe05/sistemas.html

(boiler #1)

you will get the top half of the boiler as replacement because it's impossible to disassemble the outer heating element IMO. If really so, you will have to disconnect the water tube and steam pipe and all wires connected to boiler, set the machine on the side and disconnect the 4 group screws and take the upper half of the boiler. Looking to the delivered part, it will be possible to figure out how to deal with the thermostats.

Cheers

Algun

CattytownOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2007 - 07:35 PM

Thanks - that's the one. Any idea how the two thermostats come out of the top of the boiler?

mochaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2007 - 08:21 PM

Cattytown wrote:
Thanks - that's the one. Any idea how the two thermostats come out of the top of the boiler?

I am not sure about that:

I can see a plate there to be checked for removal prior to disassembly of stats.

If it's fixed permanently, unscrew both stats with an appropriate wrench -if possible in this style:

http://a-1appliance.stores.yahoo.net/watheatelwre.html

CattytownOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 24, 2007 - 12:45 PM

The spare boiler top arrived yesterday, and I have had my first espresso for weeks!

For anyone else who may be interested, it took me less time than fairfax quoted to do the repair.

The boiler top itself comes off by unscrewing the four allen screws that are around the group. Mine was quite stuck and not for separating, so I had the idea of putting some water in the tank and running the pump to build some pressure - it did the trick.

Also to disconnect were the water feed to the boiler, the two outlets to the gauge and the steam wand and then the t-piece off the top of the boiler that feeds those.

There were also the two thermostats - these just unscrew from the top of the boiler a,d there was also something strapped into a channel n the boiler. That channel was missing on the replacement, so I just strapped it to the top.

There was nothing of any major consequence in the reassembly - there was a large O-ring between the boiler halves, but that went in easy enough.

Despite not having been descaled in the 2 1/5 ears have had it, the boiler was scale free inside - we live in a soft water area.

I now think I need to get a grinder...

MonkeyboyinternationalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 03, 2008 - 07:55 AM

Hi Cattytown. I have the same issue. Where did you purchase the boiler part from?

Thanks
MonkeyBoyInternational

CattytownOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 03, 2008 - 09:00 AM

I am pretty sure i was abbeychart. http://www.abbeychart.co.uk/espresso.htm

MonkeyboyinternationalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 05, 2008 - 08:37 AM

Hi Cattytown, thanks for the advice.....soon I will be smelling fresh coffee again!!!

GORDITAOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2008 - 06:28 PM

Hey Monkeyboy
How did the Dream surgery go? Were the repair instructions easy to follow?
I have the same problem and will need to replace the boiler as well but I am worried about doing it myself.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jump to: