Too Much Coffee Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LamboOffline
Post subject: Static caused by freezing beans?  PostPosted: Feb 04, 2010 - 08:29 PM

When I have too much coffee to use immediately, I freeze the surplus in the original bags until I need to use it. Recently I've come to the conclusion that beans that have been frozen seem to suffer more from static in the grinder than non-frozen beans. Has anybody else noticed this, or is it just my imagination Question

Reply with quote Back to top
OlingsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 07, 2010 - 06:20 PM

The freezing of coffee dries out the beans making them more static. I suggest you buy less more often, and keep what you don't use in a dry, cool and airtight place. Not the freezer nor the fridge.

Ola

LamboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2010 - 06:26 PM

I only tend to buy a kilo or so each time - it's more cost-effective in terms of postage. I've also noticed that grinding for espresso doesn't seem to produce as much static as when grinding coarser for filter - I thought it would have been the reverse!

Jump to: